Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lifesavers....

Have you ever had one of those days? I seem to be having one of those months LOL! My hubby has a herniated disk in his back so he is on bed rest for the next 1-1 1/2 weeks. It has meant a TON more work for me (seriously how do single Moms do it?).

 It also means I have a big need for thank you cards. My Uncle Mark came over today and helped me mow the lawn. I did 3 hours and he put in a good 2 hours. WOW!!!! I really can't imagine that every week I might have to do 5-6 hours of mowing on my own along with the other responsibilties. Yikes!

Anyway, here is the card I made for him using the papersmooches sparks sketch challenge. I didn't think I would ever use the nautical set that came last month, but it has all kinds of appeal with the idea of many manly cards needed in the near future.

I added some fun rope elements.  The life saver was colored with inktense pencils.  Super fun!  If you are wondering when I had time to bust this out, it was tonight when I had a melt down and we all hustled it on up to the stampin room for some crafting time.  Yikes!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

No comments: