Monday, June 29, 2009

One

Hello everyone! I finishing up packing for our trip to North Dakota. Randy's has family up there and they do the 4th of July like no ones business. We are really excited. I am also extreemly excited that we are driving, no not because of the 14 hour drive, but we are making a pit stop at ............ the one and only Gina K Designs. I am so stinking excited I can hardly stand it. Needless to say, I am packing some goodies so that I can play when I get my new goodies LOL! I can't decide if I want to get the Kor pencils or if I want to take a crack at the copics. I will have to play a bit and see.

This card was for the fun week of challenges at Stampin out Alzheimer's. I have a few more of those creations to post over the next few weeks. It was a blast and the support from the stamping community as always was a sight to see. I LOVED how they had challenges for a ton of the prizes. It really made it a fun week and it also kept me in my stamp room :)

This was one of my hardest challenges. It was to make a card with only one color, one ribbon, one embillishment, one stamp. WOW!!!! Not just one stamp set, but one stamp. Oh my gosh, so hard for me to do. Any way, here is the card I came up with

Here is a look at the fun dsp. It is from Stampin Up and it is retireing this month. I love the sheen this card had when the light hit it. SUPER FUN!!!!
Okay, you might b wondering about the dark highlight around the main image, well that is also Kiwi kiss, I just spounged it with ink untill it was pretty dark. I really liked how it created a frame. In retor spect, I would have put down a nestie to make it more taylored. My embilshment was paper piercing.
I have gone back and put the sentiment Happy Anniversary over the damask. I needed a quick anniversary card the other day and this fit the bill. I love how versatile my Damask set is. It is now right up there with my polka dot basics. If I have a tough challenge or color combo, those are my go to sets.

It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: PTI Damask Designs
Paper: Kiwi kiss, dsp
Ink: Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Mat pack, paper piercer, kiwi kiss ribbon

No comments: