Saturday, August 1, 2009

Follow your own star

Well I am so excited to have 2 posts today! My other post is the Verve blog hop up above, feel free to check it out (you could win the whole new Verve release just by commenting!). Izzy and I spent the morning in the stamp room and it was so much fun. She is really getting creative and thinking about her drawings and cards not just scribbling. It is really fun to see (so I had to let you see as well LOL) She is already very inky and apparently inking in the air is so much better than tapping on the table LOL!
Onto the goods. As you know I LOVE Dawn's color combo and this week's is no exception. You can find it and all of the other color combo lovers here
This is my creation
I have been playing around with handstiching for a while and I just found this old SU classy brass template which had stars. I paper pierced all of the stars and then went back and hand stiched them. Of course I didn't have PTI colors in DMC floss, so I had to make a Michael's trip LOL!
This was a fun one to make up until I had to figure out where to put the sentiment. I then saw Dawn's card this morning and saw she stamped right on the ribbon and away I went. It looks a little crooked, but that is the angle of the camera I guess. It really worked out just fine in real life. I made this for you guessed it more Anniversary cards LOL! It is for a good friend who is very much a clean and simple kind of gal. I think she will get a kick out of this.
Onto other news, we spent some time with my cousin and her fiancee and they have a Nikon D60! Well, I was able to play and get some really neat shots. Needless to say I am on the saving for a fun new camera plan. Hopefully by Christmas I will have a new little cutie in my hot little hands! If you have any tips or know a place to get a deal (are there really any places like that with expensive cameras?), please let me know.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: Star Prints
Paper: Stampers Select White
Ink: SU Real Red, Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss
Accessories: Berry Sorbet double stiched ribbon, SU mat pack, SU paper piercer, SU brassy template, SU Stampin dimensinoals, SU Large Star punch, DMC Floss

14 comments:

Helen F. said...

WOW, Izzy is just too adorable and fast becoming a new Crafty Cutie!
Love your card, Terri ~ great stitching and really like the sentiment stamped on the ribbon idea too.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE all of the hand stitching! What a lot of personalized detail. Love the sentiment with the outlined star! GREAT card!

Maile Belles said...

Love this! I've been playing around with the DMC floss too, I have a couple cards posted on my blog with it.

Kelley Eubanks said...

Very cute Terri! This must have taken you forever! I love it!

Scrapping Julie said...

WHAT???? GET OUT!!! i LOVE it!

Steph said...

This is fantastic. Great job!

Karen said...

Terri, this card ROCKS! I LOVE it! :> Love the handstitched stars, the stamped ribbon, the sentiment. It all makes for such a great look! :>

Gwen said...

Oh gosh! this looks like a lot of work! well woth it though!!

Nancy L. said...

really cute!

Kitty said...

Goodness.....you hand stitched these? All I can say to that is....WOW. :)

Christy-Lynn said...

Very pretty card! It looks like it took you a while!

2Bis2DO said...

Wow Terri, this card is amazing. I don't think i would have the patience to stitch all those stars. I love your card so much.

Traveling Mama said...

Izzy is SO cute! Hailey is just like this with me. She loves to sit and stamp! Love your card too! Oh, and your Verve card is SUPER cute too!

Winter said...

Very cute! I love the stars!