Saturday, September 24, 2011

Make it Saturday

I am a day earlier than I normally am and it is fabulous! Do any of you make cards for different challenges and then not get them uploaded/posted in time? That seems to be a theme of mine lately. The beneifit to that is that I have a stack of cute cards LOL!

I made this beauty for Make it Monday, frosted images challenge and the Color Q challenge. I LOVE that one, but don't get to play along as much as I would like.

Didn't the frosted technique turn out fun? I took the technique class from Jennifer McGuire recetnly and I must say I have a new love of smearing and getting all kinds of inky when creating. This technique lent itself well to that also, so it was a blast. I used the soft stone paper for the center piece and like the subtle results I had with the frosting.

I stamped all of my flowers from PTI in the challenge colors and then stamped fresh snow right over it and then smeared. It really was so easy and fun.

Hope you all get time to create today!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Terri! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Kara said...

really pretty terri!!love the frosted technique and how you used the challenge colors!! thanks for playing along with us this week at the ColourQ!!

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Very soft and inviting. Well done.

kasia c. said...

What a pretty card! I love the layout and that frosting technique is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ. :)

veronica said...

very pretty. love those flowers.

Linda said...

Very pretty,elegant card.

farmhouse-story said...

such a pretty card, terri!