Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Well one of my favorite finds from PTI was Becky's compose a card challenge that she has started. I really like challenges and I adored her freebee graphic that hopefully is an indication of what we might be in store for with her line as well, so this was fun all around on her blog. Here was her challenge. So you have to keep the measurements the same and use the colors mentioned. Since I was a slacker, I was able to combine it with the fun CPS sketch as well.
Here is my card
I hand punched the small hearts and then glued them on individually so that the fun color pattern was created. Here is a close up of the hearts
I didn't think I was going to like the colors together at all. They are not my normal by any strech of the imigination, but I think it worked out really nicely. This card works for the Finally Friday challenge as well, which was to use pastels.
This card is going to my Aunt and Uncle for their anniversary. I am sure it will brighten their gloomy IL day.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: Heart Prints
Paper: Hibicus, Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Summer sunrise, stampers select white
Ink: Versa mark
Accessoreis: White embossing powder, heat gun, lemon tart satin ribbon, apron border punch, stampin dimensionals

7 comments:

Stephanie J said...

That looks awesome!! I love how you created the background!

Lea L. said...

That heart background is fabulous!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥Lea

Caryl P said...

This is a gorgeous card Terri! I love the pattern created with the punched hearts. Great job combining challenges too!

Kara said...

This is so cute, I love all of the hearts and the colors look great!
Kara

Anonymous said...

Love this!! Great idea and fabulous colors.

Sue Lelli said...

NEVER call ytourself a slacker! Look at all those hearts you cut out and the pretty card you created! LOVE it and the double hears on the ribbon! FAB!

Sofia said...

Great idea Terri!! Like a lot the background you created!!! And the colors turned out beautifully...