Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sweetie Pie

Well on the eve of Valentine's Day, I thought this fun Sweetie Pie card would be perfect. I enjoyed the Viva La Verve challenges all last year and I am so glad they have the same fun this year as well.

It is a sketch and inspiration challenge put togehter. How fun is that? You get to pick your inspiraiton piece from the 3 selected photos. Here is what I picked for this sketch.
Here is the sketch
My card
As you can see, I was really inspired by the fun colors. I liked the dark look of the picture. So I stared by stampin the pie and sentiment and then using my copics to color in the fun cut out in the crust. I must say the little steam stamp cracks me up.
The chocolate chip base layer is embossed with clear embossing powder. It really seemed to add just the right dimension for me. I also have some fun PTI satin ribbon to add a little flair. What do you think about the kraft and chocolate dotted paper? It is a jillybean soup paper and I really like it.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: My Punny Valentine
Paper: su Chocolate chip, Kraft, jillybean dsp, basic grey dsp
Ink: su Chocolate chip, su creamy carmel, versa mark
Accessories: copic marker R27, su spounge, clear embossing powder, chocolate satin ribbon

2 comments:

Julie Marshall said...

Ohhh, I love this card! The colors are beautiful...TFS!

JenMarie said...

LOVE this!