Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I am so excited to finally get some fun stamping time! I have been working on my cards for Mother's Day and Father's Day since the baby is coming in the beginning of June. I am so sorry there will be a lot of those in the near future.

I have combined some fun challenges for this card. The first is from Colour Q. These colors were tough for me, but I do love the end result.
When ever I have a tough color combo it seems I am drawn to clean and simple sketches. This was perfect for this week's Clean and Simple sketch.
On to my card
A close up of the flower element.
Finally I was able to put this flower together with the Stamping Sisters in Christ flower challenge. I really wanted to bling it up and add the fun button and ribbon element. Don't you love the new PTI dies? it sure makes the flowers and really every image they have a matching set for shine. I must also admit that the less cutting I have to do the better LOL! Do you see the fun background? It is the first impression plate that I have purchased from PTI and I love it. I couldn't get all the sets I wanted this month, so I went with the plate for the wood grain. Now that I have it the set is on the list as well.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are PTI unless noted
Stamps: Beautiful boutique 2, Mother
Ink: SU baroque burgandy, tangerine tango, green galore
Paper: Stampers select white
Accessories: Orange Zest ribbon, wood grain imipression die, flower #1 & #2 die, su 2 way glue, su dazzaling diamonds, yellow button, dmc floss, su glue dots, su stampin dimensionals

4 comments:

Mariana said...

Awesome use of the colors in such a great layout!!

Rochelle said...

LOVE the CAS card! Great use of the tough colors this week!

LeAnne said...

WONDERFUL! What a great way to use this floral image, the diecuts, the sketch, and the colors!!! You rocked the CQC!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beautiful card - love those glorious colours!