Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How are ewe doing?

Well this has been a fun week already! My Dad came home from the hospital today. He is still really weak, but he is home and that is great. It turns out he had 5ths disease on top of shingles and that is what pushed him to the hospital. My friend who watches Izzy for me while I work has a little girl who is 4 and she just had surgery to put tubes into her ears, so we wanted to make her a get well card.

I decided to use this color inspiration from Jazzy Inspirations blog that my blogging friend Steph turned me onto. It is a really neat site and I adore the 2 challenges I have participated in so far.
Here is a close up. It was so hard to see some of the fun details on this card. This little lamb had fun glitter cheeks and white flock on him as well.
Here is the completed card
Another blog I check a ton is Kristina's and she talked about a friend of hers Jennifer, so I had to go and check out that site as well. I must admit I am cronic for buying tons of things that I think are "must haves" and then not using them. Stickles and Liquid Pearls are among that list. I found some fabulous vidoes with some really neat ideas on creative ways to use them. I had to try it right away and here is one of the effects.
I scored my card every inch in two different directions and then used the liquid pearls to hightlight the intersections. The neat tip that I learned was to tap the back of your card to make the liquid pearl flatten and loose that tip. Isn't that a neat accent? I added the stiching again and this stiched black ribbon that I just can't seem to put down lately LOL!
Izzy made a card and I didn't get a shot of it, but it was cute needless to say. Izzy also decided that Audrey needed a sheet of My Little Pony stickers (Izzy then got the other sheet) and a butterfly balloon (of course Izzy then needec a butterfly balloon as well). Needless to say this was a good day for Izzy and I think we brightened Audreys day as well.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: farm fever
Paper: Basic Black, Tempting Tourqoise, PTI Stamper select white
Ink: Basic Black, Tempting tourquoise
Accessories: GKD Score Pal, GKD Liquid Pearls, GKD glue pen, GKD pink glitter, GKD white flock, PTI black double stiched ribbon, white gel pen, stampin dimensionals, spounge daubers, blender pen

9 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

This card rocks!!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Jazzy Inspirations!!

Tenia:)

Sweet Momiji said...

Awww!! This card is adorable!! It's just too sweet! Great job1 :)

Unknown said...

Terri this is super fabulous! I love all of the details and your take on this weeks colors. I'm so happy to have you join us this week! I hope you'll play along again soon! *hugs*

Jennifer said...

Hello Terri! I really love your card! Great techniques you have learned and applied! The lamb is darling. thanks for joining us on Jazzy Inspirations~please come by anytime!!

hugs,
Jennifer L.

Caryl P said...

So glad your dad is home. This card is just beautiful--love the scoring and pearls. I'll have to check those ladies out and get some tips myself!

scrap_in_time said...

Great card. Thanks for playing along at Jazzy Inspirations.

Alanna said...

This is so darling. What a wonderful image. Weren't these colors fun to work with?

Lori said...

What a cute card! Love the image and the sentiment is so funny.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Ugh. I hope he continues to get better quickly!

Jennifer said...

Great job with the Jazzy Inspirations Challenged! I just love that image. Too Cute!