Sunday, March 22, 2009

Clean and Simple !?!

Before I get to the card, Izzy is doing a little better. I think we are on the path to recovery! Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers concerning her health. I also want to thank everyone for their nice comments. I never would have thought this blog would give so much to me. You kindness is appreicated! I really didn't think I would ever be posting this much. I just seem to have a lot of cards to make and my list really hasn't gone down, so you will see more of me yet.

Who ever dubbed this is a little off LOL, I think it should be clean and hours LOL! I just can't wrap my brain around clean and simple. I love challenges as you see by my blog. They always get me thinking in a different way and push me to be better. Well Stamp TV challenges are no different! If you haven't seen that site, it really is a must! I combined the color combo STVCC4 and Krutis's CAS sketch combo STVSC4.
Here is my take on the sketch & color challenge

Can you believe this "simple" card took me 4 tries to make. Even now the far grouping of flowers could be a little more to the left. Can you imagine that this was done with a stampamajig? Crazy if you ask me. I must admit I do really like the card, so perhaps there is something to it and maybe practice makes perfect. I am going to give this to my Grandma La for Mother's Day.



What is that image you are aksing yourself, well it is a new stamp set form Papertrey Ink called Wishing you. It rocks the house! You will be seeing many more with this set in the coming days. Along with my new limited addition Everyday Classics set that came with my order. Wahoooo!!!! I will get creating with that soon. Thanks again for stopping by and making my day a little brighter.



It's a good life!

Terri E.



Deets: All Supplies Stampin Up unless noted

Stamps: PTI Wishing You

Ink: Blush Blossom, Barely Banana, Certain Celery


Accessories: Stampamajig, Pearls from Michaels

7 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

LOVE this and I see that you are a PTI fan also - this is my FAVE new set and I can't stop using it! I love what you did - may just have to case it. Cute idea to add the pearls. I was trying to use Gina K stamps when I did mine but this would be great to make a set of note cards to give to someone. Thanks!

Jenny said...

Your card is just perfect and beautiful!!

Hugs,
Jenny

Karen said...

Beautiful card! Its great to see Wishing You in action!! I'm still waiting on my Everyday Classics and can't wait to play! :>

Caryl P said...

Great work Terri, I luv it! It is a clean and simple card now....if you want to make a bunch more. Maybe I'll CASE it, which would be simple for me. Thanks for the inspiration!

Linda Beeson said...

Your card is simple and totally sweet!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Sweet and simple. I like the colors and the pearl accents. I struggle with CAS cards myself. I find it harder to keep things simple than it is to keep adding layers and textures.

LeAnne said...

I think this is so sweet--I love clean & simple, and I think even if you use the stampamajig, sometimes it takes practice! But I love the colors and the pearls. Just lovely!
LeAnne