Sunday, January 14, 2018

New Twofer Card Challenge

You know I love a good challenge.  I am so excited to have found the new twofer card challenge blog.  Such a neat idea and I really found it had me digging in my stash and thinking creatively about how to take one stamp set and make it work.  Here is what I came up with

 The challenge this month was feathers.  I scoured through my stamp sets and found a few that will work.  My plan is to do another two cards with another feather stamp set and enter again.  I didn't know I had so many unloved feather stamps LOL!  Today I decided to focus on the PTI February year in psalms stamp set.  It is a little $5 set that packs a lot of punch.
 I went a little backgound crazy when working on a MIM challenge to use stencils to emboss.  I really liked the shine and shimmer it gave to the card.  It made the sentiment and feathers pop without a lot of fuss.  Below is a close up of the feathers.  I used wink of stella and then covered them with gloss accents.  It just makes the card so special.
A happy hello is featured in this blog post so, I won't go into much detail here
Thanks for visiting and the fun new challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

6 comments:

maria f. said...

It is a great challenge, isn't it? Love the embossed BG - wow. CU around Twofer ;)

Cindy Beach said...

I think your cards are beautiful! Love your designs and the special details. A dash of sparkle, sequins and a bit of gold = elegance in my book!

Susanne Vargas said...

Wow, that stenciling looks awesome with the shimmery and shiny feathers! It creates the perfect framing for the Psalm! The second card is a wonderful CAS card. The sequins add fun and sparkle to it!
Thank you for joining us in the very first Twofer Card Challenge!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards using feathers Terri! The first one is so special with the beautiful quote and the gorgeous shine from the embossing through a stencil, and along the edge. Adding glossy accents to the feathers would give them even more depth and shine. Your second card is just what the sentiment says .. "happy". Love the bright mix of colours for your feathers. This is sure to brighten someone's day. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge.

Dora B. said...

Your shiny first card will be a welcome encouraging card for the recipient I am sure. It is stunning. Your note card is a wonderful happy. showcase for the feathers.

Jeanne H said...

Super pretty cards!!