Saturday, January 28, 2012

Make It Monday Shaker Cards

Make it Mondays is back here at my blog.  I'm really not sure the last time I made a shaker card. I LOVED Heather's new take on it and using the dies really helped. What I learned is that for whatever reason, I need 2 layers of foam (I think I used really big fillers, but it was all I had). So, this is the shaker that really dosen't shake.

This beauty was also for the SFYTT challenge.  This is my second one for the month.  I seem to be sketch challenged recently and I have a hard time following them LOL!  Here is the origional sketch. 

Can you see the resembilance?  I had a hard time with the vertical piece because I didn't want to cover up those cutie birds LOL!

I made this for Logan's birthday card. Since Izzy has dubbed this the non shake card, I will probably be remaking it so it shakes LOL! I have a few more posts this weekend. One of the fun posts will be my uninked sets. I have a PTI penpal Anna and we are going to be challenging each other to create with unloved sets. She already has her list up and I know my first challenge set for her, but I need to get my list up. 

It's a good life!
Terri E.

3 comments:

Jean said...

I love the card ~ what a great idea to use a number die!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a great idea for kids birthday, kids love shakers and love to be reminded how old they are getting!

Suzanne Russell said...

Perfect for a child's birthday! I bet the little one will be fascinated with shaking it! Great job. :-)