Monday, March 11, 2013

Clearly Fun

I have been home tonight with the kids and was able to whip up this cutie. It was a combo challenge. I made this for the Muse challnge and the MIM clear card challenge as well.

When looking at the muse challenge card by Therese I was drawn to the big flower ahd the look that the cut out gave.  I thought it looked like a clear card, so it worked well with my PTI challenge.  I also like the idea of pattern paper behind the whie pannel. 

Here is my card I really like how the main panel turned out.  I had a lot of fun with distress stains and really made a big mess LOL!  The end result makes me smile, so that works for me.  Izzy LOVES when we bust out the distress, so of course she is a fan of this card. 
I am also going to enter this cutie in the Simon Says stamp bit of green challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

16 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Love how you have incorporated the clear card and the design paper with this sweet flower.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Fabulous cards! Gorgeous flowers! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Lyndal said...

Hi Terri - I had to smile when I uploaded my card as we used the same saying LOL! LOVE your fabulous bloom & gorgeous card :)

StephH said...

Love, love, love your distress stained Violet! Simply stunning!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Fabulous! Love your big bloom!

Kay Miller said...

What a beautiful card!! The watercoloring with the distress inks is soooooo beautiful!!

Marybeth said...

Teri this is stunning! I love the way you did your layering on this. Looks like you only have the large flower on the front right? Then the larger paper in the inside? So pretty great job!

Colleen said...

WOW! This is an absolute stunner! Gorgeous card, great take on the MIM and the Muse! That is the one flower from the Year of Flowers that I own too...love your colors!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card! I love the big bloom!

Margaret Peppers said...

Love the card. Your flower is beautiful.

Pearl said...

The watercolor/distressing is beautiful! I love it!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my goodness. Your coloring is amazing here Terri!

landerson213 said...

Gorgeous flower!!! :)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

Helen F. said...

Very pretty bloom, Teri. Great coloring technique too :)

Greta said...

Really pretty card!

Anonymous said...

There's certainly a lot to learn about this issue. I love all of the points you've made.


my blog kona coffee