Saturday, August 8, 2009

Finally Friday Challenge

Well as you all know it is way past Friday LOL! What you might not know is that Kristina Werner does a Finally Friday card and video every Friday. Well, it will know be a challenge over at 2peasinabucket. I am not quite sure how it works, but I know I am excited!!!!

I was really drawn to the layout used on the Finally Friday card this week, so that is what I used for this challenge. I also pulled my colors from this fabulous inspiration picture at The Traveling Mama's site called Traveler's Inspiration Challenge .
Here is my card
For this card I used two Papertrey Ink stamps called Handwritten notes and guidelines 2. I also used the guidelines paper as well. I really like having the faint guidelines in the background. I kept a Birthday theme just like the Friday card and kept layout. I did tons more stamping instead of dsp layers, but I really like how it turned out.

This is going to be for my brother-in-law Chad's birthday. I know I know pink on his card, but he has a little daughter and so I am going to have to inform him pink will be apart of his life LOL! I pulled the colors from the photo above and so they were Basic Grey SU, Raspberry Fizz PTI, Ocean Tides PTI, Spring Moss PTI. Anyway I like how it is simple and still a lot of fun. Now the rounded edges are very Kristina, so I had to add the stiching as that is very her as well.

On a side note, I got a shipping conformation from VERVE!!!!!! It says it will be shipped on the 8th, so I will have it soon. Yahoooooooooooooooo!!!! Can you sense the excitement, LOL?

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Deets: All suppliesa re Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: Handwritten notes, Guidelines 2
Ink: Ocean tides, Raspberry Fizz, Spring Moss
Paper: SU Basic Gray, Guideliens 2 white paper
Accessories: SU Basic Grey Ribbon, SU Stampin Dimensionals, White gel pen


Stamping at tiffanys said...

so cute!

Maile Belles said...

Very Pretty!!! Love the stamped patter paper and that layout is great!

Melissa said...

Beautiful! I love those colors with Guidelines 2, great job!

travelingmama said...

This is breathtaking!! I love the colors. Well, I love EVERYTHING about it! Hugs from Morocco!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

So pretty. Love that layout too! Congrats on your Verve win. Just read that this morning:)

Winter said...

So pretty! I love that stamp set! :)

DottyJo said...

This is lovely, great use of the colours from the photograph, Jo x