Thursday, August 12, 2010

Star Bright

I am excited about the card for today. After lurking for a very long time, I finally am putting a card together for the Sweet Sunday sketch found below.
Here is the color combo I paired it with from OTWC
Here is my creation
Well, what do you think? It was fun to pull out this set and play along a little. It is called Take a Bough from PTI. I turned the branch upright and made it a Charlie Brown type of tree. This sentiment is one of my favorites and I have never used it. Oh the shame. The details added to the card to make it work for me are stickles on the stars, one rounded corner, scoring along the side and some sweet blush satin ribbon.
I also combined this with the Simplicity One-Layer Wednesday challenge. When I saw these colors I thought it would be a fun twist on the challenge. Hope you enjoy!
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are PTI unless noted
Stamps: Take a bough
Ink: su early espresso, su pretty in pink, su so saffron
Paper: stampers select white
Accessories: 1/2 circle punch su, su stampin dimensionals, yellow stickles, martha stewart score pal, sweet blush satin ribbon, corner rounder chomper

5 comments:

Kim Wilson said...

Super cute Terri!!! I love your charlie brown tree, great idea :) Thank you for playing and good luck!!

Betty Benton said...

I love your card, Terri!! I just saw a "Charlie Brown tree" at Hobby Lobby day before yesterday!

PetraB said...

Very pretty and very much a Charlie Brown tree!

Kara said...

this is gorgeous terri!! great job with both challenges!!

Susan Raihala said...

I adore this branch used as a Charlie Brown Christmas tree! You've done a great job with the unexpected colors...very pretty!