Sunday, August 15, 2010

Thinking of You

I know, I know another new challenge site!!!! I must be spending too much time surfing because I just keep finding all of these FABULOUS sites. Okay here is the photo-synthesis challenge site

I combined this with the sketch from Get Sketchy card challenge

Here is my card
Well I this card could go either way, a wedding card or simply thinking of you. I am going to use it for my dear friend who lost her Dad a few months ago. I want to keep sending her some love to let her know I am thinking of her.
Do you see all of the different punches used? This was for the finally friday challenge that is found here on Kristina's blog. She is so inspiring. Even when her creation isn't quite my style, I always pick up something in her videos that I want to try. This week is no exception. I used my 1 in circle punch and a tiro of hearts from SU to put this card together. The paper is all October Afternoon thrift shop. Love this paper. It was already distressed, but I went ahead and did some more with the PTI duo. The letters were heat embossed with white embossing powder, but I got it to look good but applying the duo on that as well. It really toned the white down and made it flow with the card. Love the little thin ribbon as well. Rarely do I bust this size out, but it worked well on this card.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are PTI unless noted
Stamps: Through the trees
Ink: Versa mark, duo distressing
Paper: Thrift shop october afternoon, su basic black, vintage cream
Accessories: very vanilla ribbon, su 1 inch circle punch, su heart trio punch

11 comments:

Beverly S. said...

Teri, I love your card! It is beautiful...the small yellow hearts are just the perfect touch. Come play with us again soon at Photo-Synthesis Challenge. :)

Angi Barrs said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colors.

Tanya said...

Oh I love this, fantastic BG paper, sweet hearts, and a really fun sketch. Thanks for playing with us at the Photo-Synthesis Challenge.

Betty Benton said...

Great card for the Photo-Synthesis challenge! I enjoyed finding this challenge too!

Anonymous said...

Your paper choice is so pretty! I love your whole card, great job!

Laurie

Andrea said...

I love this, with the little touch of yellow and the embossing just giving a real Wow!
Andrea

Amy C said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Photo-Synthesis!!

Banu said...

Beautiful Card !!! Loved it.

Cathy Spicer said...

Totally FAB card, I'm so glad you joined us at PhotoSynthesis. I love that you are sending it to your friend. I lost my mom in the past year and it means so much when friends take time to see how I'm doing. It's a long road and having good friends near by is such a blessing.

Kathryn said...

I love the look of the background paper. Very elegant, not to overstated. What a nice card.
Thank you for joining us as PhotoSynthesis and hope to see you again soon!
Have a great day,
--Kathryn

Tigriswillreign said...

So cute! Love those little hearts!