Sunday, July 19, 2009

Anniversary

I am working on my August cards that I need for my family. I have a ton of anniversaries in August. It must be the month for that here in Illinois LOL! This month Verve has a really neat Project Parade. Here was our challenge for this month "The idea for this theme came from being asked "How do you come up with your designs?" and various other "How did you do that?" type questions. This month the Verve Divas are going to break down their design processes and ideas, using Verve stamps."

Well I have enjoyed the first two Verve Divas explain their thought process, so I decided to play along. I can't say I have ever really thought about this before. First I really like to start with a challenge. For this card I saw this challenge over on Stamp TV. It was to use red, black and white.

Once I get my challenge or challenges that I want to do together, I then look at the list of cards I need to make. I usually make cards for someone not just because. It really makes me feel good to send them out and I really like remembering others and blessing others in this way. So this is for our friends Kelly and Geoff. Once I get to this point, I look through my stamps for something that will work for what I needed.

I just got my newest Verve stamps and in it was Kindered Spirits. I really liked the images. I loved this center piece, but I think I am now going to need oval nesties LOL! If any of you have this set, will this work on the center piece? Anyway, the card just flowed from that point on.

I am now going to go and put the 5 ponds of blueberries we picked yesterday up. My Mom and I are going to go back on Tuesday and pick some more. We are real blueberry people LOL!

It's a good life!

Terri E.

Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless noted

Stamps: Verve Kindered Spirits, PTI Damaks Designs

Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, SU Basic Black

Ink: Basic Black, Real Red

Accessories: Stampin Dimensionals, PTI black satin ribbon

8 comments:

Tamara said...

This is a great bold design. Very striking.

Unknown said...

Love, love, love that background!!

Janelle Stollfus said...

The card background is great! I think this IS a great stamp set. I need to ink mine up soon! Great divine details ;).

Susan said...

Oh this is so beautiful!! Perfect for an Anniversary card.

Kristina said...

LOVE the background you created with those stamps! So bold and beautiful!

The Mama Monkey said...

Wow...what a cool design for the backgroud! I bet that took a lot of time but it was worth it! Just beautiful!

Kim said...

Really pretty, Terri. Thanks for sharing your details.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow! This is just beautiful. What a stunning background you created!