Sunday, July 12, 2009

You lift me up

As you all know, I adore challenges. They really get me out of my normal comfot zone. One of things I had such a problem with before was color. There have been so many challenges this past few months that have not only pushed me, but also they have taught me how to look around and get inspired.

The latest color challenge from Stamp TV is no exception. The challenge was to get inspiration from flowers in your garden. Well I have some really fun and surprisingly dark pinks, oranges and reds in one section of my garden right now. It is really fun and sassy. LOVE IT!!!!

I combined this color inspiration with the Viva La Verve sketch with a challenge. I adore this challenge as you all know. I have the sketch below and the twist for this one is distressing. I must admit I really don't now much about distressing, so I went with ink on all of the edges and the Baisc Grey dsp looked distressed to me. I am going to have to explore this a little more it really is not something I normally do at all, but I am always open to new ideas.
Here is my fun card
Isn't that so much fun!!! One of the goodies I got while visiting the Gina K Designs store was the ecletic summer Stamp TV kit. I really like how many fun elements you get in one set. When you pair that with the sayings it is a sure hit. I also love the dsp that they have as well. I also got the 6X6 pad of lime rickey so I have 2 different scales of the same paper. I think that was a fun element as well.
I added some orange glitter over the orange elements in my hot air balloon. Again I can't say enough about the quickie glue pen that GKD sells. It has made not only attaching small pieces so easy, but also adding glitter. It is a life saver.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Gina K Designs unless noted
Stamps: Eclectic Summer Stamp TV kit
Paper: White, Basic Grey Lime Rickey, SU Cranberry Crisp
Ink: Momento Black, Cranberry crisp
Accessories: quickie glue pen, orange glitter, white twill ribbon from the kit, spounge dauber, SU stampin dimensinoals

No comments: