Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Birthday wishes!

Wow I have found another fun challenge to particpate in. I adore these colors, so it was tons of fun to figure out how to make it all work. I am also going to enter this for my birthday card for the Moxie Fab World Challenge. Super fun!

I went with the SFYTT challenge sketch that you see below.
Here is my card
What do you think? I reall like how this one turend out. The stiching, floss and embossing really added a fun element to the card. It was just enough white to make everything pop. I was really inspired by the Finally Friday challenge this week to stamp on dsp. I don't always think to do that unless it is for paper piercing, so this got me out of my little box for sure!
The dsp had a little bit of light green, but I went with it anyway. I hope that didn't through the challenge way off, but it worked so well that I gave it a try.
Today I am off to find a maternity bathing suit :( I am not happy about having to be in a suit at all, but Izzy needs to get a little more time in the pool on her own. She is only 3, but I would like to see her skills a little better. My Mom is going to take her to the beach this summer in the morning to help me with the baby and I want to try and make sure she is a little more prepared. I know this is crazy, but it is on my list of things that need to get done before I have the baby, so there you have it. It should also be some fun Izzy and Mommy time before the baby comes as well.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: PTI Faux Ribbon
Paper: Urban Oasis dsp, Kraft, Night of Navy
Ink: Versa Mark
Accessories: White gel pen, white floss, white embossing powder, 1 1/3 square punch, 1 1/4 square punch

7 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

great abstract design and fun faux stitch, Terri! thanks for sharing this in the Curtain Call this week!
make sure you include the link of the challenge in your posting:)

shannon said...

love the way it turned out. I would never think of stamping on dsp...so there you go. you're more out of the box than me! bathing suits in feburary? don't envy you that shopping trip. :)

Shelley said...

Ooooo! Very nice! Love those CAS cards! Everything "pops" against the Kraft!

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous colors and card, Terri!

Jen Timko said...

Super card with those colors! Hope the shopping wasn't too hard!!

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is gorgeous!!! Whoever gets this fun card is LUCKY!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Terri! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)