Monday, March 1, 2010

Building Character

This is a common phrase around our home. It has been since I was a little girl. Everything we did (it came out most commonly when we didn't want to do something) was always to "build our character". I have had this fabulous set from My Favorite Things that had that great quote, so I knew it was for me.

This is my second week with Color Q. I really like the great colors. Although I am on the later side of this challenge, check out the site as they will have another great one coming soon! Here is the color combo challenge.
Here is my card.
I also combined this with the MFT challenge to use book paper or music sheets. Isn't this fun? I really like how this card turned out. I bought an old book from a local antique shop and ripped out a page to run through the big shot. I then had to do some weathering with my new distress ink and foam applicator. I also used this on every layer of the card.
I first colored the main image with copic markers and then cut it out and poped it up with stampin dimensionals. The border punch I used on the new leaf section was a apron one from fisckars. I added the fun hibicus burst twill ribbon and buttons to finish this card off.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supples are Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: MFT I {Heart} Books
Ink: GKD momento black, ranger distress ink antique linen
Paper: New leaf, hibicus burst, GKD pure luxury, old book text
Accessories: Hibicus Burst twill ribbon and buttons, su stampin dimensionals, mft copic markers, jute twine, top notes die, foam applicator, apron border punch

No comments: