Thursday, March 4, 2010

Holding hands

Well I was finally able to get some challenges done. Not nearly as many as I have in my to do box, but some none the less. I combined some for this neat card. First is the Mojo Monday sketch that you see below. This was combined with the Stamp TV color challenge that uses pink and white only WOW!!!!
Here is my card
Here is a close up of the embossing
Isn't that a neat effect. It is a little hard to see, but there is a picture of two people holding hands that I embossed with clear embossing powder. It is a really subtle effect and goes so well with the saying and the intent of the card.
The other two challenges I combined were the stamping sisters in Christ challenge this week, which was to pray while stamping the card. I started my crafting time in prayer and remembered that I wanted to make a card for the TE dragonfly challenge. Taylor is doing a card drive for her local hospital's Neonatal Intensive Care nurses for familes who have lost babies. They use the dragon fly as a symbol, so the challenge was to make a card with a dragonfly in it. I thought that coupled with the great saying from GKD set holding hands and this card was set.
I used raspberry fizz, sweet blush and hibicus burst inks, papers and ribbon for all of the fun pinks. I was also able to bust out the dot spot set. I adore this background set and can't wait to use it some more. It was so easy and made such a fun and modern background.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: Dot Spot, GKD Holding Hands
Ink: Versa Mark, Raspberry Fizz, Hibicus Burst, Sweet Blush
Paper: Raspberry Fizz, Hibicus Burst, Stampers select white
Accessories: Heat gun, clear embossing powder, nesties, stampin dimensionals, raspberry fizz polka dot ribbon, sweet blush double stiched, hibicus burst twill, scor tape

2 comments:

Anne said...

love how you interpreted the horizontal panels with ribbon - very creative!

Pamela said...

Love this! Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC! :)