Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Don't Fret

As you all know I am in love with Dawn's new stamp set Scattered Showers by Papertrey Ink. It is so Dawn. She has the best sayings in there like this one "Don't fret Dearie!" Isn't that perfect. This is for one of my favorite Viva La Verve sketch with a twist. This week it was a color combo twist that was a killer for me!!! Here is the challenge
This is my take

Did you notice the fun umbrella. It was a fun accident. I used stampin up markers to color in the stamp. It pooled and then I stamped it. I also put crystal effects on it to give a glossy rained on look. Since we have been rained on forever it seems like, this is so appropriate for our life right now!
I just couldn't not put some ribbon on my card, so this is what I came up with.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Paper: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Good Morning dsp, More Mustard dsp, Urban Oasis dsp
Ink: Baja Breeze
Accessories: More Mustard, Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip markers, Blender Pen, stampin dimensionals, More mustard ribbon, 1 1/2 circle punch Hobby Loby

2 comments:

BasketMom said...

like your original take on Dawn's umbrella set - I'm eyeing that set to buy too - very cute card!

Melissa Sauls said...

This is toooo cute! Great job on the sketch.