Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thank you my friend

I just received a fabulous card from my new friend Shera. She is a new blogger and stamper from Malaysia. She had one of her creations as blog candy. Isn't this card fabulous!!! I love it, needless to say I have a pen pal. She just had a birthday, so I am so excited to send her a card and hopefully some goodies as well.

I found this fun sketch challenge at Kerin's blog. Isn't that interesting. I decided to give it a try and this is the card I will be sending to Shera.

Here is my take on the sketch.

What do you think? I really struggled with the main image. This was my third attempt at it and I finally like it. I also have a fun tip that is old, but for some reason I just did it today for the first time. As I was working on the sentiment, I wanted to put a little basci grey accent. I took the basic grey matt page and punched my two choices. I then layered the card just like normal. It made me feel good to not have to dig up scraps and also get some more milage out of my paper. Wahoooo!!! I am going to be using this as often as I can remember LOL!
This was a shot at the back right before I mounted it onto the white card. Tons of fun! I also paper pierced around the main image, the grey matt and the grey behind the sentiment. I thought it really tied the card together.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Paper: Basic Grey, Whisper White, Walk in the Park dsp
Ink: White Craft, Cameo Coral
Accessories: Heat gun, White embossing powder, matt pack, paper piercer, large oval punch, 1 3/8 circle punch

3 comments:

Caryl P said...

Great cards! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has swiss cheese for pieces of cards at times. I just pray the recipient isn't like me--I love to disect and see how it all went together!

Anonymous said...

hi Terrie, what a nice card!

Kerin said...

VERY pretty card! And I love how clever you were to get your punches!! Thanks for joining in my sketch challenge!