Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Little Things

Check out this fabulous Blog candy on Stephs blog. Super fun!

I am so excited about this post. My office manager Julie just had a little baby girl. I couldn't be more excited and happy for her. With that being said, I sorely miss her. Not only does Julie keep my office humming, but she is also a great sounding board and I miss my friend.

So I decided to make her a card to express how much I miss her. Did I mention that she has only been gone a week! This is going to be a long maternity leave :( Back to the fun. This is my last Viva La Verve card for this month and I LOVED the create your own dsp. Isn't that fun. I also have a tip for everyone. Can you even believe it, I have a tip LOL! This is VLVApr04

I cut a line in a scrap piece of paper exactly 4 1/4 inches long. I then slipped my card through the slit and then covered what would be the back of the card with scrap paper.
Since I only wanted to have my "dsp" on a portion of the front, I layed another piece of scrap paper over the white base. I then stamped over my exposed card front
This is just after I got done with my dsp. Isn't this yummy? This is a new $15 set from Lisa Johnson called Background Basics: Dots and Spots. It is too much fun and so affordable!
Here is my completed card.
I am digging it! Isn't the saying perfect for Julie. I also thought the handmade flowers were just a fun little accent. This will also work for the Stamp TV color challenge STVCC10.
It's a good life!
Terri E.

All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: Background Basics: Dots and Spots, SU greeting set
Paper: Stampers select white, Rasbperry Fizz, True Black, tiny dots dsp
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, True Black
Accessories: Nestabilities, Raspberry Fizz satin ribbon, SU basic black marker and pink passion markers, stampin dimensionals, 1/2 circle punch, 3/4 circle punch

1 comment:

Caryl P said...

This is AMAZING!!!! I never would've guessed that you made the 'dsp' without that pic and tip. I'll have to try it, thanks for sharing!