Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thanks for the lift!

I am so excited to be able to participate in the SPCC again. I adore this color combo and couldn't wait to try it out. I got my SU order in and haven't played with it yet. That is one of the things I LOVE about color challeges. They usually get me using my colors in different and fun ways. Here is this weeks combo I combined this with an older Clean and Simple sketch. Another thing that has been fun is going to some of my favorite challenge sites and looking at older challenges. Here is that site if you would like to do that as well.
Here is my creation
As I was thinking about this card I read the Moxie Fab World Blog and found out that there are tons of fun challenges there this week. They are exploring different styles of cards. I thought this might work for the Fun and Cute challenge

So I started with my Early Espresso from SU and stamped with Polka Dot Basics 2 with vesra marks so that I could emboss with clear embossing powder. I then stamped some fun clouds on the bashful blue card stock and the kite from the PTI set Up, Up and Away. I haven't used that nearly as much as I like, but I am going to work on it LOL!

I had to stamp the kite again on white so that I could add the tangerine tango to the card. I finished with the sentiment and then added the buttons. This is another of my many thank yous that need to go out. I might start a count down soon, it seems to motivate my daughter, so maybe it will be motivating for me as well.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Deets: All supplies are SU unless noted
Stamps: PTI Up, Up and Away, PTI Polka Dot Basics 2
Ink: Versa Mark, PTI Snow White, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso
Paper: Early Espresso, Bashfull Blue, PTI Stampers select white
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat gun, stampin dimensionals, glue dots, basic gray buttons, dmc floss

15 comments:

AHadley said...

Beautiful! I love that deep brown as a base, this is such a playful card :)

Kay D said...

Definitely fun and cute- I love it!

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful colors and I love the embossing.

Lea L. said...

This is so cute! I love the embossed polka dot background, and the sentiment is darling!! Love that stamp set....I need to break mine out more often! Great job with the Moxie Fab challenge!!

♥♥♥Lea

Banu said...

This turned out just awesome. WOW!!

Linda Beeson said...

This is especially cute in that color combo.

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Terri-

You did an amazing job with the color combo and the sketch....they work perfectly together.

Thank you for joining SPCC this week.

Hugs,
Calypso

Jaana said...

Nice card!! Love the colours!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

~Tammy~ said...

This is a great card and I love the background!

Jess said...

Fun card! Love the background pp you made!

Helen F. said...

Such fun and really cute, Terri! Great card for the challenges :o)

Sylvia said...

Fun card Terri!Love the buttons holding your sentiment!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Terri! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Fun & Cute challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

Lori Turner said...

Terri, this is such an adorable "simple and clean" card! I love it...you rocked the color challenge perfectly! Thanks for joining us over at SPCC this week!

Lori - SPCC Color Diva

Stephanie said...

Love this cute card! Great job! Thanks for joining us at SPCC!