Monday, October 12, 2009

Hippy Birthday

Good evening! I am so excited to share another fun card with you today. This was a card that combined two challenges. The first was the SPCC challenge with colors seen below. The second was a kick stand card challenge from Stamp TV.
Here is a picture of the card with me holding it together so you could see the whole effect.
Here is the card standing by itself.
How cute is that little guy? Anyway, I really liked making this card. I hadn't made one like this in a while if ever. It is for Owen a fun friend who is turning 2 in November. I am way ahead of the game right now with my birthday/anniversary cards. If only I could get them out in time.
I have one friend who puts the actual date on the back of the card and then mails 2 times a month. So everyone gets their card early, but they do know that you know when their birthday actually is. What do you think of that? Would you be offended/would it still seem personal? I guess it is better than this year when I was late for some of them even though the card was made weeks in advance. I would love to hear what you guys think.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: GKD Just so hippy, PTI background basics dots and spots
Paper: Not quite navy, PTI stampers select white
Ink: Not quite navy, dusty durango, soft suede, GKD momento black
Accessories: Nesties, stampin dimensionals, copics box A & B

3 comments:

Caryl P said...

This is such a fun card Terri! I love the paper you created at the top--so colorful and goes well with the theme.

I'm all for receiving cards whenever they come--early, late, on time. It means someone cares whenever it comes!

Donna Baker said...

this brings a BIG smile to my face! so cute

Carolyn King said...

awww...totally cute!