Friday, October 2, 2009

Stars

Well today is a bit of a sad day for our family. Today is my Unlce Mike's funeral. He was such a neat man and Izzy adored him. Last night was the wake and everyone said over and over how he loved everyone. Such a fine quality! Needless to say, I had to make a card for my Aunt Wilma and Marica.

I went ahead and used the Viva La Verve challenge for a place to start. This challenge was a black and white challenge, so that worked out just fine. I also added the Stamping Sisters In Chirst Challenge. Isn't it neat how these things seem to work together. This week the scripture inspiration was

Psalm 19:14: Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be
acceptable in your sight Oh, Lord, my strength and my redeemer.

Isn't that a scripture that should be said before every funeral and writing in every card? Well it work so well for me as I prepared for the day today. Thank you for your perfect inspiration!
Here is my card
Don't the little rinestones look like stars? Okay in my world they do LOL! I really like this quote from Papertrey Ink and it sure gives me great comfort and I know that my Aunt Wilma and Marcia will like it as well.
Now about the card, I adore Stampin Up's Day and Night speciality paper. Isn't that fun! I will be sure to get another pack before it goes. The ribon is from Papertrey Ink as well. I really love how they offer a ton of different ribbon options is all of their colors. It is AWESOME!!!
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All Supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: PTI Wtih Sympathy
Paper: PTI Stampers select white, Basic Balck, night & day speciality dsp
Ink: Momento Black
Accessories: Bling rinestones, white satin ribbon, stampin dimensionals

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Oh, this is so lovely and heartfelt!! LOVE this sketch, the saying, the colors and yes...your Rhinestone DO look like stars. Wonderful job... this is definately a favorite of mine. Sorry for the sad ocassion though. He sounds like such a loving man. My heart goes out to your family. ♥

Kathy W. said...

Beautiful Card. Black and white is so elegant. Love the sketch too:)

peggysue said...

That is a lovely card. Sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Stunning!! And so heartfelt.