Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The journy begins...

This is for a wonderful sketch challenge by Mercy for Stamps and Smiles SASSC6.

Here is my take on the sketch.

This is my first time using Melaine's stamps set from GKD called Hand in Hand. I love that a black and white can have so much power. This is for friends of ours who just found out their almost 3 year old has lukemia. How devestating! He just had his first round of chemo therapy and he is home, but this family has a long road ahead. The inside says I'll be praying for you. I feel that is really all I can do.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: GKD Hand in Hand
Ink: PTI True Black
Accessories: Stampin Dimensionals

5 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Terri! LOVE the gorgeous layout and image!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles, Jennifer :)

Rosanne said...

A striking card.

Maria Matter said...

Hi Terri!
thanks so much for stopping by my blog and your kind words!
I love this black & white look! This is a beautiful GK image! So sorry to hear about this little boy...I'm sure this card will reassure them that you will be supporting them through prayer!
Beautiful!
Blessings, Maria

Where is your little Follower button Terri????

Tasha Hickert said...

As the saying goes "a picture can say 1000 words" but your card shows that with the right sentiment it can be priceless. What a perfect and touching card for this family.

Unknown said...

I like that! :D