Friday, March 6, 2009

Thinking of You

Here is the fun sketch SKETCH FOR YOU TO TRY from Jen del Muro. I have been following her blog for some time and I am a big fan. So here is this weeks sketch


I had a harder time with this than I would have thought for some reason. Here was my first try, but I really didn't like the circle element. I can't figure out how to make the cordaroy brads work for me in a card. I must need more practice LOL!!!

I then took that piece off and I like the card much better, although it is still a bit plain for me. It was a quick card and at times those come in very handy.

So which one do you like best?

It is a goal of mine to send out Birthday cards to everyone I love this year. Usually I make them and then never send them, but this year I am on it. I do have my cards made through April and I am working on May. This push to finally use my supplies to send cards has really got me on a roll. This card came about becuase I have no realized that I need to have cards ready to go for when my loved ones get sick and then I need to have a stash for sympathy as well. Hopefully I will get motivated this weekend and get some more put together.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All Supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: Central Park, PTI Faux Ribbon
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black
Paper: Kraft, Urban Oasis, Basic Black
Accessories: Stampamajig, scallop punch, 1 3/8 punch, kraft cordaroy brad, stampin dimensional, kiwi kiss stripped ribbon

2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I vote for without the circle, but I like them both ... very cool leaf.

Debi said...

Very neat cards. Actually, I like both of them. And I know what you mean, too, about having a stash. Whenever I make a card and like it, I end up "assembly line styling it" and making 8 or 12 more. tee-hee