Thursday, March 12, 2009

One of those days!

Well I have definately had a "day". So there is a new baby in our neighborhood. I am really not in the neighborhood as I live on a big farm across the street, but I have no other neighbors so I have adoped them wether they like it or not, LOL. This cute cupple Kristy & Christian had a baby. There was a fun sign with a baby buggy and a big pink heart. The name was small, so from the road I deducted it was a girl and that her name was Claire. I then looked around and there was a really fun Color challenge from GKD StampTV. The challenge was to use red, pink & black. Red & Pink is not my normal pick for colors so I looked for some dsp and a sketch for inspiration. Love the Mojo Monday sketch #77, so I was off.

Here was my take using papertrey ink's punny valentine set. I don't get it out nearly enough. I LOVE animals, so this needs some more attention.
So I finish the card. When I am all done, I decide it really needs more black to stand out. I am out of time, so I went with it as I still liked it. So I get the meal made with dessert and all and head over to wish Claire a welcome to our neighborhood. I pull up and get a better look at the sign it is welcome Charlie. What??? Who puts a boy on a big pink heart? Okay I quickly take the card out and decided I will re-do it and mail them the card. Wowziers. Anyway, I watned to get this up. Needless to say I will be making another try at the Mojo Monday sketch and hopefully I will like it even more.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless otherwise noted
Stamps: PTI My Punny Valentine
Ink: Cameo Coral
Paper: Cameo Coral, Rose Red, Basic Black, Rockabilly dsp, Raspberry dsp, Whisper White
Accessories: 1/2 circle punch, coluzzle, black brads, stampin dimensionals, paper piercer, cotton ball, packing tape

9 comments:

tiggertastic said...

such a cute card, i love the use of the layout.

Sarah x

Bev said...

So cute! Love the sweet image x

Anonymous said...

what a great little card! I love your little lamb and your great take on the Mojo challenge!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Gorgeous card and a really funny story. Thanks for sharing!

LeAnne said...

Cute story, sounds like something I would do. Oh well, now you have a card for when a little girl happens to be born!!!
Card is adorable, I would just want to sit & look at it, it's so cute!

Lori said...

Congratulatinos Terri!!! You are the winner of my blog candy. Please email me your address so that I can put your package in the mail. P.S. Loved your story about "Charlie". Way too funny. Look at it this way, you have a "girl" baby card ready for the next baby. Have a great day.
Hugs,
Lori
email: scrapinglori@yahoo.com

Cazzy said...

What a great card, I would have given it anyway as it isn't too girly and they clearly like pink!

Anonymous said...

Your story made me laugh...but I'm wondering, ...did Charlie end up being a boy or a girl? Nowadays people are naming their kids everything under the sun...was just wondering if it ended up being a unisex name or not.

Chris said...

What a super card...I love your wooly lamb. They missed out on a perfect card but now you have one ready to go, which is always nice! :)