Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just stars??

Hello everyone! I am on a mission to get some sympathy cards stored up for times of need. I used this sketch #106 from CPS. It definately got me thinking differently.

I choose to flip it so the main images were on the top. It also has some different colors brayed to try and imitate the swirls in the sketch, I think it is hard to see that detail.
I punched the starts out and used packing tape on the back of the punches so the sticky side was up. I then poured dazziling diamonds so the stars are really sparkly and fun. The stiching was something to try and tie it all in. I love this saying as well about stars, it makes me tear up thinking about those that have gone before us.
I am waiting for a Stampin Up order and a My Favorite Things order to come in. There are also really fun things happening at GKD and Papertrey Ink, so this week is going to be so much fun.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: With Sympathy PTI
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Elegant Eggplant, Bordering Blue, versa mark ink, PTI Vintage Cream
Paper: Glossy White, Night of Navy
Accessories: White Gel Pen, Brayer, Rubber attachment, heat gun, white embossing powder, clear embossing powder, small star punch

9 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Great card! I find sympathy cards so hard to make....I love the sentiment yours uses...beautiful!

SmilynStef said...

This is my favorite sympathy quote ... I love the idea of using packing tape ... how clever is that. Very pretty sympathy card.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Nice card! Love the way you used the sketch... so different. Great colors! TFS!

Diana Mancuso said...

This is a really nice card, Terri and a beautiful variation of the sketch. I really like the saying, too. The sparkly diamonds are a nice touch. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Patricia said...

Hi there,

Thank you for your comment on my blog!! You also made a very special card!! Love the Quote you use!!

Genevieve said...

A gorgeous card with a beautiful verse
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty Terri!! I love the stars and moons! Great job with sketch 106...thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~Lea

Diamond Doll said...

This is lovely the quote is so nice, i like how you flipped the sketch too. oh and thanx for visiting my blog.
Trish (-:

Pamela said...

Looks great!