Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Really Big Ocean

**Don't forget to check out this post to learn how you can win your very own Papertrey Ink stamp set Background Basics:Retro.

Hello everyone! We are going to Flordia over Memorial Day weekend to see some family and friends. Izzy has been excited for the last week. She wants to go se the "really big Ocean" and she wants to build "super big sand castles". She is stinking cute (when she isn't sick). So I combined three challenges and the need to send fun cards to our friends to brighten their day like with Izzyisms LOL!

The first two challenges are from Stamp TV Technique Challenge - Nestabilities STVTC5 and using something from your kitchen on your card STVPF4. I then used the sketch from Kendra for i{heart}papers. It all really came together which was great because I have never really thought about putting 3 in one card LOL! Here is the sketch


This is my version.
Okay the nesties were used for the main image, but I am really excited to say I finally mastered embossing with them. I was actually pretty frustrated with that purchase, but after watching Gina on Stamp TV I decided to try them again. I even spent the time last night to figure out my big shot as that is the tool of choice right now. So it is hard to see on the picture, but I embossed the main image and it was really easy. Yahoooo!!!!


The next challenge was to use something from your kitchen on your card. Wow that had me thinking. Finally I thought about the ocean and then I remembered the wax paper technique. Well after finally putting a plan together in my head I then had to find my iron LOL!!! I think that took longer than getting my plan. Anyway, I really liked how it turned out. There is a great tutorial on wax paper resist at split coast stampers. I used spounge daubers to create my effect.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: GKD Just Be-claws
Paper: Glossy White, Pacific Point, Kraft, Pure Luxury card stock layering weight 80lb
Ink: Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Taken with Teal, Creamy Carmel, GKD Memento Black, sky blue
Accessories: Nestabilities, Pacific Point stripped ribbon, sahara sand, creamy carmel, summer sun, so saffron, taken with teal markers, aqua painter, hemp, PTI White & Cream buttons

3 comments:

Kendra said...

How cute!! Thanks so much for playing along. Kendra

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Hey Terri - congratulations on winning the sketch challenge given by Kendra. Your card is amazing - I just love the way you used waxed paper - that was a neat idea. I have never seen that before. Awesome job.

Have a great evening.

Sharri said...

Terri, Congratulations on mastering embossing with the nesties! Your card is fabulous! Thank you for playing along! Sharri