Sunday, June 28, 2009

Chalkboard technique

Well I have had a burst of creative energy before our long vacation. I did get all of my Verve sketch challenges done, but was not a lucky winner LOL! There was also a GKD release and she has some fun challenges here. I combined the sketch challenge with Laruen Meader's color challenge found here. I do have the wranglers, but I still haven't figured out how to print them LOL!

I also have been working on some different chalk techniques. My sister-in-law Amy is a new SU demo and she asked me about different ideas for her chalks. I didn't want to do the normal blender pen, so I had to do some digging. As I was doing that, I started talking to my Mom and she said she would like to do a technique class every month again. We used to go to my upline's but she moved away a while ago, so it has been a while. I think I might put together a chalk class for July. Let me know what you think.

Anyway, here is the color combo

Here is the sketch challenge for the GKD June release

Here is my creation.
I used the chalkboard technique. That is where you stamp your solid image on dark cardstock in craft ink and then pounce your chalk applied spounge dauber on the image. It was really quite fun and super easy. I thought I would need more pressure in the pouncing, but it was really a light touch.

I used really rust chalk and dsp color, but dusty durango for the paper and ribbon. It worked out just fine with this dsp. I thought the off white brads accented the dots in the ribbon nicely.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: GKD Elegant flowers, PTI Background Basics: Dots & Spots
Paper: Dusty Druango, More mustard, Chocolate Chip, dsp
Ink: PTI Snow White, PTI Champaigne Versa Mark
Accessories: Garden Green, More Mustard, Really Rust chalk, off white brads, dusty durango polka dot ribbon, Sponge Daubers, Stampin dimensionals

7 comments:

Kristin Eberline said...

Your card turned out beautifully! I love how you used the chalkboard technique. I don't think I've used it in at least three years :| I might have to work that in sometime soon :O)

Thanks for playing along with the challenge! If you're having problems with getting the digital images to print correctly, vs just having printer problems, let me know. I might be able to help you out. I had a few issues at first as well.

Bananastamper said...

This is a great card - very unique! Love the technique, haven't done that one on black CS.

Shanna

Karen said...

Your card came out wonderfully!! Love the chalkboard technique and all of the different & fun patterns you used. I have the Weiman Wranglers too, but am arguing with my printer accepting cardstock right now. :>

sophiesmama said...

Great card Terri! I have something for you over at my blog.
Hugs,
Mary

AKiteFlier said...

Great card Terri - love that chalk technique. I'm glad you were able to play along - one of our MTTC members, Tracey Cuccia has a great little tutorial on digital images here:

http://tmcuccia.blogspot.com/2009/06/digital-stamping-101my-way.html

See if that helps you at all. Hugs!

DoxieGirl said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge!
~Kendra

Dana Gustafson said...

Cool technique Terri! Thanks for sharing the details on that. A monthly technique class sounds like great fun!