Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New SU in the house!!!

You might know that I am a Stampin Up demonstrator. Basically I love getting information first and love getting product first. Now in the past 4 years, there have been times when it seems like everyone else knows before the demonstrator does. This year they kept the colors pretty hush hush! I must say at first I was not happy, but in retrospect, I LOVE IT!!!!!

Needless to say I rushed my order and it is here a mere 2 days after the sneak peaks came out. They also sent demonstrators the catalog with their first order. YUMMY!!!!!! So, I quickly made 2 new cards and then have been pooring over the new goodies. The first card I made used the Mojo Monday sketch for the week
Here is my take on the card.
Now let me first say I LOVE the new in colors. Feel free to keep in mind I don't really sell SU. I have my family and a few friends that get some goodies, so this is just my opinion not any type of selling tactic, LOL! They really are fabulous.
On that note, I really didn't think I was going to like the new dsp I ordered Razzleberry Lemonade. Boy was I wrong. It is delicious!!! I think it is my favorite dsp all year, no kidding. The other thing that was a real puzzle to me was my first card ended up purple and pink??? What is that? I really am not girly like that and BAM, here it was. The dsp is a shabby sheek look and feel that is really so lovely.
The other nice surprise was the ribbon (yes I got all 6 colors LOL). It is a polka dot ribbon on one side and the other is just a plain gingham. So, for this card I got a great look and I feel like I have double the use for this fun ribbon. It is now worth every penny to me LOL!
I couldn't resist the bling after making such a girly card. Really in real life it is not overwhealming with the grily bling. I also added the button and stiching to tie things in. The other thing that is odd for me is that I only bought one of the new sneak peak sets, so I decided to go with just words on this one. Crazy I know.
Oh and Izzy has been catalog surffing with me and she already wants one of the new sets LOL! It is a pony set that really looks like My Pretty Pony and "it is my favorite" she says. That by the way is her most used phrase right now.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: Full of Life
Paper: Razzleberry Lemondae, Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo markers, Rich Razzleberry polka dot ribbon, PTI white button, nesties, stmapin dimensionals, white gel pen

3 comments:

Janelle said...

The stitching on your card brings it all together nicely. Thanks for the insider track on the new SU stuff!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Super cute card! I am so excited to get my hands on the new in colors... I love them. I can't wait to see them in person!

Caryl P said...

Beautiful card, I love the girly feel to it! Can't wait to see a few more of your creations with in colors--that will have to do until I can get my hands on them!