Friday, June 26, 2009

Elegant Flowers

This is a really fun sketch from Verve. This is for there June release. Julie from Verve is fabulous at making sketches and rewarding those who use their supplies. I combined this with a Stamp TV challenge about embossing Here is the sketch
Here is my take
Isn't that little clip with the ribbon tons of fun. I really like the way the flowers turned out as well. This is for a card for my Aunt Amy. She is the neatest woman and if end up like her at any point in my life I would be blessed beyond words. Aunt Amy is so like my Great Grandmother that we named my daughter after that it just fills up my heart with joy.

I used my nesties quite a bit on this one. The inside layer of the card is dry embossed and then I cut out the other layers to create my main image. I really liked this reverse framing that happened. I added the stiching accent which mirrored the dsp.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: GKD Elegant Flowers
Paper: PTI Vintage cream, SU almost amythist, dsp
Ink: Tuxedo Black momento
Accessories: SU mellow moss, sage shadoe, so saffron, barely banana, almost amythist, lovely lilac, nesties, stampin dimensionals, clip, mellow moss ribbon, gel pen

2 comments:

Caryl P said...

This is absolutely beautiful Terri! I love everything about it, and the faux stitching really finished it off.

Betty Benton said...

Lovely card Terri! You're right -- the clip and the little bow are a great touch!