Sunday, June 7, 2009

Praying for you

I am so glad I had some time this morning to work on Dawn's color challenge. I really like the fun colors she puts together. Her eye catches things mine wouldn't even think of LOL! Any way here is Dawn's color combo.
Here is my take on the card.
I did substitute the new SU color Soft Suede for Chocolate. I really like this color. I am going to try and use the new SU colors as much as I can. Last year I bought them all early, but didn't get into them until a few months ago and now I have a lot of "left over" materials. Of course I will continue to use them, but my goal this year was to buy the fun new colors and actually use them from the beginning. Since I do have the SU catalog for the next year, I must say I am loving the big shot dies, colors, dsp and accessories more than the actual stamps. This is really just fine with me as I have other companies that I adore their stamps, so it is going to work out fine LOL!
I tried hard to keep this card simple. It is my first instinct to layer, layer, layer. I think it is because the girl who introduced me to stamping was very much a fan if the card doesn't work for you add layers, LOL! So now I have been looking at cards from others and what draws me to them. I have noticed I really like two styles, layers and very simple LOL! So, I am trying new things and new ideas. I will say it takes a lot less time to do one layer style cards. Of course I when I try new things I have to use old favorites. Damask Desings was quite a surprise favortie for me. I really didn't think it would be one of my desk side stamps, but it has been for quite a few months now. If it keeps up it will earned a coveted spot next to polka dot basics and hand written notes LOL!
This is for a good friend who is having some big problems with her 17 year old. It really makes me want to bottle up Miss Izzy and keep her young. WOW, I guess it is just hitting me how different the world is now compared to when I grew up. I live in the same town and my parents live in the same home, but it really feels more dangerous. I have no idea why!
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: PTI Damask Designs
Ink: Soft Suede
Paper: Papertrey Ink Paper PTI Vintage Cream, PTI Bitty dots dsp, PTI Raspberry Fizz, PTI Kraft, SU soft Suede
Accessories: Glue dots, stampin dimensionals, scallop punch, PTI hibuscus burst buttons, vintage white/cream buttons

23 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Very elegant and pretty! Great card!

Maureen P said...

Love your use of the colours this week and the little review of the new SU catalogue :) Can't wait to see it...love your use of kraft for the main image...yummy!

Elise said...

Love THIS, Terri! Thanks for sharing your "journey!" I can't wait to see the new S/U! colors in person, and frankly, I'm still giddy that they didn't "kill" that many stamps, so i can keep loving most of the ones I have AND buy new sets out here in blog land! Yeah! Anyway, I think you could make fantastic cards with old buttons and an ink pen! Tee Hee I always love your work!

Daniela F. said...

Very pretty and elegant card, Terri! Damask Designs is also one of my top favorite stamps :)

Giovana said...

Really pretty.

God bless
Giovana

Courtney Baker said...

Super cute card. I'm loving the new su colors too. They are really pretty!

Elizabeth S. said...

Very pretty card!! I love the Damask design. Great job.

Edna Morrisedie said...

I understand your love of Damask Designs... SIGH.... and you have put it to gret use here, I love the end result, nice simple lines and use of negative space, all good really!

Sue Lelli said...

Really love this card and the damask design. I must get this set!

Katy Myhre said...

Very pretty card! I love this stamp set.

2Bis2DO said...

Love your card Terri and even though damask wasn't my favorite, it is starting to grow on me seeing how you used it.
Great job!

Michelle Woerner said...

This is very lovely! I love the splash of Bitty Dots in the background! Fab choice of buttons. Thanks for the lovely comments on my cards. Have a great evening.

Gwen said...

Wow! really, really beautiful!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Hi Terri! Your card is so simple yet so elegant! Great job with Dawn's challenge! Thanks for looking at mine :)

Kristina said...

Love this card! I really like the big main image and the little stripe of bitty dots!

Amy said...

There's just something about damask on kraft that I think is so wonderful. Can't wait to try out the new colors myself!

Scrapping Julie said...

oh my goodness! this is so stunning. i love the damask set!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful and I love the button accents! Ali

Winter said...

Cute! I love the damask stamp!

Aimes said...

A very pretty card - I love it! I wish I could pull off the CAS style but I just tend to go layer crazy! LOL!
A great take on the challenge - those buttons are so cute too!
Aimes
x

~kelly marie~ said...

beautiful and elegant card! I love the damask!

xiumaiyuki said...

Such an elegant card!!! I love the simplicity but WOWness of this card. hehhe...is that even a word? :)

~Lori Roop said...

Simple but lovely!! Beautiful card!