Tuesday, June 9, 2009

SU only almost :)

Izzy had an idea of her own this morning and I went with it LOL! She got out all of her books and read "by myself" for over an hour. Although we are now off on our schedule by an hour, it was too stinking cute to pass up. It was also too cute to not take a picture of LOL!
Here is when she spied me.
Hello everyone! I am working on my July Birthdays right now. With our vacation over the 4th, I really want to be ahead. I really haven't been feeling the best for some reason, hopefully it will pass soon. I have also been dying to go up and use more of my new SU colors and paper. I combined this with the Mojo Monday sketch
Here is my take
This is for my brother in law Ricardo who will be 37 LOL! He is married to Amy who is a my one and only down line with Stampin Up, so I try and make cards that are SU only for her. Wouldn't you know it the thickers felt root beer alpha is a perfect match for soft suede, so I had to use that as well. Since SU doesn't have that I figure what the heck LOL!
I am loving the new colors and dsp. This is Razzleberry Lemondae and it is yummy! I did a post earlier that was all gril and now I really like how the same paper can be all boy. Actually there is some of the new pink (can't remember the name sorry) in the background dsp, but with the other manly colors, I don't think you can really tell. I did some spounging since I kept everything else nonfrill.

It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: Happy Birthday
Ink: Soft Suede, Current Curry, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Soft Suede, Current Curry, Razzleberry Lemondae, Confetti White
Accessories: Stampin Dimensionals, spounge daubers, Michaels root beer thickles felt alpha

15 comments:

Jacquel said...

Great card Terri & you did a wonderful job on the sketch! I haven't even ripped open my packs of DSP yet....I refuse to until I make my mini albums but I'll be sooo ordering a LOT more of the pretty paper as soon as I can LOL!!!

Have a great rest of the day!

Lesley said...

Great idea with the numbers at the top!! Love it!

Unknown said...

Hi Terri! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. Your Mojo is pretty good yourself!

Roberta

Krista said...

Great card Terri !
How sweet is your daughter!

Beth aka BR-T said...

awesome card and the sentiment is so true! I also just adore the image of your daughter with het stack of books! BR-t

Unknown said...

Great male card, well done.
Thanks for your comment.

Caryl P said...

If only there were more moms out there like you letting their children enjoy reading!!!! Makes my heart happy after a rough day at school.

Love the card, especially the sponging. Great work on the sketch.

Holly said...

Wonderful card! Love the "37" at the top of this sketch, and how cool that it is a perfect match with the Soft Suede color!

Lisa aka yarnchik said...

Love your card, Terri, but how cute is Izzy?!?! SUPER cute-that pic is priceless! :~)

Silli said...

terri, your card is so beautiful. I love the sketch..and the colors... Hugs and happy day!

Traveling Mama said...

I just came across your blog! Love it! Your photos remind me of my daughter at that age. She still loves to read and now it's fun listening to her really read her books!
Best wishes from Morocco!

Gigi said...

Oh, my gosh, Terri! Your daughter is adorable; so glad you have time to enjoy her moments because children grow up too soo. Your bil will enjoy his card; really like the new dp SU has.

Enfys said...

Great card Teri, and your little girl is adorable.

Renee said...

Great card!

kareN stampZ said...

Very cool card & I do love that saying - it's just perfect