Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's your day!

This is going to be a big blogging week LOL! I love doing the verve challenges and there are a ton this week. I am also working ahead on all of my birthday cards for the month of July since I am going to be gone for some of it. Needless to say you will soon be bombarded with Birthday and challenge cards LOL!

Here is a combo card. It is a Viva La Verve sketch with a twist challenge and also Dawn's color combo. I am totally falling in love with color combos. It really pushes me out of my norm and it is absolutely fabulous!!! Here is Dawn's color combo
Here is the link for this very fun Viva La Verve challenge
Here is my fun creation.
I must also gush a little about one of my fun recent purchases that I now find priceless LOL! I recently purchased 4 cards from Dawn's Esty shop and wowziers!!! If you thought for a minute that these cards look good on her blog, they are delicious in person. I few of these elements are from one of her cards that I got.
The background of the cream part is stamped in champaigne versa mark with some words from star prints like her background. Another detail that I wouldn't have realized until I had one of those beauties in my hot little hands is how much dimension she has on her cards. The knot on the ribbon with the star attached is a detail right from this same card. Isn't that fun!
Back to the twist for this challenge. It was about 3s. You had to use 3 stamp sets, 3 cardstock colors and 3 embilishments. This was a bit of a challenge for me as well, but I think it worked out just fine. Can you guess what card I bought from Dawn that inspired this card?
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: Damask Designs, Background Basics: Retro, Star Prints
Paper: Vintage Cream, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, SU Chocolate Chip
Ink: Vintage Cream, Berry sorbet, Champaigne versa mark, SU Chocolate chip
Accessories: Melon Berry buttons, Berry sorbet buttons, Brown buttons, brown satin ribbon, Stampin dimensionals SU, SU mat pack, SU paper piercer, Rinestones Michaels

18 comments:

Mimi said...

fantastic card! you did great with the "3" trio challenge!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Terri....This is so great! Nice work with this challenge! Love it!! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Hi Terri! Beautiful card! I love the bling on your star! TFS :) Mona

Kim J. said...

Terri, this card is awesome! Love the mix of patterns. Beautiful. :) Thanks for the hands-on insight into Dawn's creations!

Rose said...

Gorgeous card Terri! Great job on the challenges! How fun too that you got some of Dawn's cards from her Etsy shop!

Maria L. said...

Love all the details you put together on your card. :) It came out great!

Vanessa said...

Wow, fab card! Love all the layers of pp!

Hugs
Vanessa

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Just gorgeous!!! Ilove everything about it!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Love the bling on the star and the buttons (I LOVE buttons!)! This is a fun creation!

Dana F. said...

Wow, Terri! All of my favorite stamps sets on one card :-)) Great job on both, the sketch and the color challenge!

Maureen P said...

Love each and every detail and image on this card :) Yummy ribbon and bow :)

Traveling Mama said...

You are on a role! Love your card- how cool that you bought some of Dawn's cards. What a great way to check them out! She has amazing style and attention to detail!
Hugs from Morocco!

Banu said...

WOW, this card came out soooo beautiful. Loved it.

Dawn said...

Love everything about this card Terri! Fabulous work.

Steph said...

This is wonderful! I really like it. Great job.

Ann said...

I love that pretty star! Nice job with the colors!

2Bis2DO said...

Love your card. great job! Love the color arrangement

Betty Wright said...

Beautifully done, Terri!!! LOVE all the stamped background panels!!!! Terrific button and gem detailing!!!