Saturday, June 13, 2009

Smooches!

I finally found some time today to put together some fun cards. We also spent some time with my Mom this morning and did some gardening and purchasing of flowers. It was tons of fun.

I have been thinking about the new color challenge from Kristina Werner that can be found here. This was a hard one for me. It was the teal and soft blue that really was a challenge.
Here is my take on the challenge
Whenever I seem to be stuck with a color combo, I resort to PTI's fabulous set polka dot basics. It makes all of the fun colors work so nicely. I really loved the fun polka dots and the green was so much fun. I have been playing more and more with the fun letters from Hobby Lobby and I really like them. This is a fun green felt alphabet that is really easy to work with. These actually moved around about 7 times before I got it right. I also thought I needed some black accents to punch up the card. I really like the end card, but I say that after most color combos, they really strech me in different directions and styles.
This is for my fun friend Marshall, he is such a nut. His Birthday is in August and he would get such a kick out of this card. He lives in New York and he is a piano player and so stinking talented and very artistic. Izzy loves him and is always giving him big smooches LOL! I meet him when I was the business manager for a theater company in Grand Lake, Colorado. It was such a fun summer and I made some fabulous friends.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are from Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: PTI Polka Dot Basics
Paper: PTI Stampers select white, Basic Black
Ink: Bermuda Bay** new SU color, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: PTI True Black saddle stich ribbon, Stampin dimensionals, Hobby Lobby green felt stickers

13 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun card! Love those polk-a-dots and the letters re perfect. You're friend will love it!

Kim J said...

Terri, this is adorable! I love how the Bermuda Bay pops with this color combo. (Can't wait to get my hands on that!!) And I totally thought the stickers were American Crafts Thickers until I read the supply list. This is a lot of fun, and I think it's a winner!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card!

Rachael Knight said...

Great job Terri! You made a masculine card too - you get the thumbs up for that!

Andrea said...

Love it, love it, love it. That card is so happy and cheerful. Did I mention that I love your card?

Wendy said...

Great card! Kristina should love it, it reminds me a bit of her style and I LOVE her style. So glad to find your blog and can't wait to follow it and see more cute stuff!

Winter said...

Cute card! Love the letters!

Barbara M said...

I love your polka dots!! Nice card.

Kerry McKee said...

Thanks for commenting on my card. It's always nice to hear from people who can appreciate your time and effort. Your card is very cute, love the polka dots.

Kitty said...

The felt letters are cute! I bet your friend will really love the card.

Mary said...

Love the sentiment! Great card!

Amanda Winkelman said...

Super cute card....love those dots!

SmilynStef said...

How fun is this ... love the sentiment.