Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Take 2 LOL!

Okay I am on to card #2 for Dawn's color combo. I was not happy about getting the colors wrong, so I was thinking (obsessing) about getting this card done and in on time LOL! Here is Dawn's wonderful challenge.
Here is my card with the correct colors.
I don't have a ton to say about this beauty other than there is damask dry embossing from Stampin Up in the background. It is hard to see, but I really like now it turned out. I am also loving everything Papertry Ink. I have 4 new button colors coming soon. I can't get enough of those cute buttons!!!!
This is for a stock pile that needs to be bigger. I also had a fabulous day at VBS! The kids are so much fun. I love when their energy soars. Tomorrow I have to miss because we are taking our horse down to the vets. It is about 2-3 hours away, so hopefully this will be our last visit and we will get a plan for him. Izzy really wants to ride him!

It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: Damask Designs
Paper: Vintage Cream, True Black, SU Kiwi Kiss
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, True Black
Accessories: Black buttons, SU stampin dimensionals, SU top notes die, embossing folder SU

19 comments:

Maureen P said...

The cream and green are striking with the black...great use of the colours this week :)

Sharnee Torrents said...

A beautiful and stunning card!! Well done, love the button's too!!

Caryl P said...

Terri, you make me laugh with your perfection to use the right colors. Love that damask design-perfect for an anniversary!

Lisa said...

I totally adore this card!! You did a great job with the color challenge..

Elise said...

ANOTHER fabulous effort! I love it! So clean and zesty! Good luck with your horse! Goodness! Nobody likes a vet bill! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!

LeAnne said...

Teri, this is beautiful! I like the embossing and the simplicity--just lovely! I feel guilty liking all those PTI things---the buttons are just so cute, though!!!

Diane said...

Very elegant card! The colors are perfect, but I thought your first card was great, too!

Bethany Paull said...

Very cool. The damask is so trendy in this shade of green, especially with the sentiment stamped right over top.

casualfriday said...

I love your card, Terri! You must have busted it out super-quick and it's still amazing! (I loved your other one, too!)

Dawn said...

I can see the dry embossing, and I love it. Great card!

Kristina said...

Awesome card! I love those big buttons in the corner... such the perfect touch!

Rose said...

Love your card! Very striking, in an understated way...just beautiful!

Winter said...

Great card! I love the design!

Vanessa said...

Oh, I love the damask!! It is so perfect with those colors! Beautiful!

Hugs
Vanessa

Anabelle O'Malley said...

I LOVE it! That damask embossing is the perfect complement for the stamp!! I'm hooked on PTI right now, too. ;)

Deanna said...

Beautiful! Love that embossing folder! I can't wait to get my new buttons too! :)

Andrea said...

What an awesome card Terri. I can totally see Dawn picking this one as a winner. I understand about the stockpiles that need to be bigger....lol. As I told a friend once, you can never have enough stuff....ha ha ha
Great job.

Kari said...

Love you card! Very elegant! Love the touch with the buttons too! You did a fantastic job!

muriel said...

I really like your card Terri !