Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Butterflies

I had the hardest time with the sketch for some reason and I am finally happy with my end result. It only took 3 tires LOL! I have been crafting since 03 and I am just now getting to the point where it is okay to try new things, it is okay to "waste" paper until I get it right and it is okay to cut more ribbon than I "need" so that I can make a fabulous bow. It has been quite wonderful not to have to scrimp and save every little inch of ribbon. The odd thing is, I haven't gone through any more of my supplies than normal, I am just able to be easier on myself than before and it is now tons more fun as well.

Anyway, I am so glad I have my Mojo Monday #85 sketch. I missed it last week, so it was nice getting back to it. I even used some Verve!!!! This is was also made for the Cardvarks challenge to use a quote or verse as a main image.
Here is my take on the sketch
What do you think? This is another card for my Bible study girls. I was looking back through my prayer request list and it is amazing how much growth is happening for everyone in the group. I am so grateful for this wonderful group of women that I can ask questions and dig deep into what we all believe and why. It is awesome.
Our lilacs are out, so I have been seeing so many beautiful purples that I just had to use them here. The dsp is all from Papertrey Ink. I also love the bling in the center of each butterfly. I think it really makes the card.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: Beautiful You Verve
Paper: Stampers Select White, Plum Pudding, Guide Lines dsp, Polka Dots dsp
Ink: Plum Pudding
Accessories: White Button, Satin Plum Pudding ribbon, Bling Michaels, SU stampin dimensionals, mat pack, paper piercer, scallop border punch

19 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

How beautiful! Love those purples!! Great take on the Mojo sketch!

SmilynStef said...

Wonderful combination of papers ... gorgeous card.

Priscilla said...

sooooooooo pretty and I LOVE purple :) Would love for you to check out our launch :)

Diana said...

Perfect color and design. Love the butterflies!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

This is such a pretty card!! I love butterflies and you have made them stand out so well on your card. colors are great too!
Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me the lovely comment. It is very much apprecitated!
Hugs,
Charlotte

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW!!! this is such a GORGEOUS version of both that lovely sketch and the CAARDVARKS challenge! who would not be thrilled to find this in their mailbox?! it'll make their day!

(ps: so cool that you've had the "breakthrough" re supplies and not having to make everything "RIGHT" with the first attempt--the whole ART actually *IS* in the process, isn't it??!?!) :)

Rachel B said...

I love what you did with this sketch. I really like your use of butterflies and the colors go great together.

Jonia said...

I really love this card and of course am a butterfly person myself. Thanks for sharing such a nice card.

Selene Kempton said...

Beautiful Butterflies! I love the button too! Wonderful Job!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I love all the layers and the dimensional butterflies!

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, I luv it! *~*

Steph said...

Wow, this is a beautiful card. I love the butterflies and the colors are fantastic. I love it. BTW thanks for following my blog. Great card:)

Ilse Vargas said...

So very pretty!! Very nice card. Greetings.

Helen F. said...

Hey Terri, Your card is beautiful! You did a fantastic job with the sketch~there's a lot going on with that one, don't you love when you can use up some of those scraps? :o) The butterflies are so pretty too.

Lucy Abrams said...

THis is gorgeous - such a pretty card.

Kathy Jones said...

LOVE all the butterflies and such a beautiful sentiment with it. Gorgeous colours, love the scalloped edge and the big button!!

Diana said...

REally nice. All the butterflies are so cool!

Carrie Gaskin said...

I really like your colour choices on this project. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. I love spots and stripes together.

I'm glad you've liberated yourself from all that 'saving' you use to do. Just because something ends up in the bin or on the floor doesn't mean it's wasted. It's an experience and learning opportunity. Be free.