Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Remembering

Hello everyone!

I am so happy to be back it is hard to express it in words. My Dad said tonight when we were visiting that is Grandfather would always say "Take you time getting there and then hurry back." That is how I felt on this trip. We had a great time and Izzy LOVED the beach and ocean, but we were all so ready to be home. Here is one of my favs from the trip. This was Izzy's first time on the beach and we didn't even have time to go and get the swim suits on. She wore her cute glasses every time on the beach and it was too stinking cute for words.
I am so excited to get back to stamping I made 4 cards tonight. I am sure I will be the same ball of activity for the next few days as well. There are so many fun challenges that I am behind on, not to mention all of my Birthday cards for the fam. I am not even done with June and I feel behind already, LOL! I have 3 of the 4 cards done for Viva La Verve challenges for the month of May. I need to get them all up by tomorrow. Here is the first and as you see we had to use some inspiration from our house. I used the Dawn's color combo which happened to work great with the new pottery barn for kids magazine that came in the mail today. Tons of cute colors that worked reminded me of both of these challenges.
Here is Dawn's color combo for this week. Stinking cute don't you think? Okay, here is my take on this weeks challenges.
I love it!!! Okay this was also for another challenge on the Stamping Out Alzheimer's challenges found here brought to us by Kitchen Sink Stamps. If you haven't given your donation and checked out this site, head over right now!!! There are so many fabulous ways to win and donate to a wonderful cause.
I made this for our friend Kelly who we just visited. She shared that they had a miscarraige at 4 months. They hadn't said anything to us becuase they really wanted to surprise us when we came. I felt so bad for her and she is so stinking sweet that I wanted to send a nice card. This by the way was made with my fun stamp set that I won from Gina K Designs called Not Forgotten and I think it is the best stamp set for tough situations.

It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, GKD Not Forgotten
Paper: Stampers select white, ripe avacado, raspberry fizz
Ink: True Black, Spring Moss, Ripe Avacado, Raspberry fizz
Accessories: Raspberry fizz saddle stich ribbon, SU stampin dimensionals

10 comments:

Winter said...

Very cute! Love the polka dots and the ribbon looks great!

Tracey said...

That is just too cute!! You did a great job.

Sue Lelli said...

Really cute! Love the simplicity of the ribbon and polka dots! I should be in bed but i can't stop looking at cards!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Glad you had a fun trip! Love your card. The polka dots are so cute!

Deb Rymer said...

Terri - your stamped polka-dots are amazing! I had to look twice, because at first I thought they were patterned paper. Great job on this one!

Jenn said...

Your card is absolutely fabulous Terri! I am diggin' all those polka dots...I love it! :) Thanks for the sweet comments you left on my blog! :)

Savitri said...

Super cute! Awesome stamping job there!!!!

Amy said...

That's so sweet of you to send a card in this situation. Love your use of polka dots in this design!

Daniela F. said...

Great take on both of the challenges, Terri! Love the polka dots and your bow looks also fantastic.

Helen F. said...

WOWOW! This card is so fun, Terri ~ You can use it for anything card occasion you are behind on :) :)