Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sparkly Chickie!

I am already off track with Father's Day cards. I have 2 of the 6 done. The goal was to getall of the cards done before I left for vacation, but I'm not sure that will happen.

Last night we had the Mother/Daughter Banquet at church. It is always such a special night! We had to leave early because Izzy had an accident, but it was still a ton of fun. This is the only shot of the two of us that was good yesterday.
Here is the face Izzy had for pretty much every picture at the church. She thinks she is hilarious!!!
It was a fun beach theme and my good friend Christy is the one who put everything together for the fun night. Even though I missed the entertainment, I knew I needed to make her a special card. Wouldn't you know when I got home Dawn's next color challenge was up! It seemed like the perfect opportunity for my fun card I needed to make.
I also found this fun sketch from Unscripted Sketches.
Here is my take on the challenges.
Isn't that fun! I am not sure that there really are any white chicks with pink beaks, but hello creative license LOL! It is hard to see in the picture, but that chick is 100% glitter and bling. I love it!!! The damask that is behind the sentiment is stamped in Berry Sorbet and then stamped off once, so it still qualifies for the color combo :)
I am so excited that I can get Christy's thank you off tomorrow! It is nice to be punctual and since I had some free time last night it worked out well.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: GKD Just So Hoppy, Handwritten Notes, Damask Designs
Paper: Stampers select white, Aqua Mist Bitty dots dsp, SU Chocolate Chip,
Ink: Berry Sorbet, SU Chocoate Chip
Accessories: Brown Buttons, Berry Sorbet sating ribbon, dmc floss, SU top notz die, glue dots, stampin dimensionals, GKD glue pen and glitter

20 comments:

Randee E said...

Such a cute card Terri! Love the blingy chick! And HAVE to get some of that ribbon! Your daughter is a ham :0) -- too cute!

2Bis2DO said...

Super job on both the color challenge and the sketch. I love the white chick and the bling on it. When you enlarge the pciture you can see it perfectly. Love it.

Michelle Woerner said...

SOOO cute! I love that top note die and all the brown buttons -perfection!

Rose said...

What an adorable card! Love it, Terri!

Tiffany Heilman said...

love the layout and the die in the background

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable!! Great job with the color combo- What a cute little chick!

jen said...

Too cute! I love the blingy-chick!

Unknown said...

Fabulous job on combining the two challenges! I love Dawns colors this week! Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches this week too! Great card!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Great Card Terri!! Love your take on that sketch and the color combo!! AWESOME! :)

Scrapping Julie said...

ooooo, love the card, your daughter looks JUST like you
thanks for the tip on the sketch site.

Caryl P said...

Can you blame Izzy for making that face...who doesn't love a face like that?!?

Love your card and take on the sketch challenge, especially your three clustered buttons. Thanks for playing along!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Super cute!

Gwen said...

Gorgeous Terri! love the layout! great job with the color challenge

Robin Gibson said...

Fabulous card!! LOVE the colors you used:)

Mona Pendleton said...

Hi Terri! Adorable card! The little chick is so cute. Great way to use the colors in the challenge :)

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card has so much appeal! It's so clean but has wonderful elements going on, very nice! BR-T

Mimi said...

So cute! Love that glittered chick!

Winter said...

So cute! I love the little chick! Great job!

BethieJ said...

That card is sooo CUTE!!! Love the chickie!!!

Anonymous said...

Thought I would comment and say neat theme, did you make it for yourself? It's really awesome!