Wednesday, May 6, 2009

KWerner Color combo #51

I am addicted to color challenges. I was never a fan, but they are really pushing me in directions I wouldn't have gone by myself. On that note, here is the one from Kristen Werner. This card is a combo of many challenges. It really all came together. Stamp TV color challenge was use brown and any other colors, so this worked great for that as well.
I also used the Stamp TV sketch for this week.
Here is my take on the challenge combos.
What do you think? I am really loving how it turned out. If you can believe it all of the ink is brayered to get the different effects, but it is all from Chocolate Chip, More Mustard and Regal Rose inks. Kristina had strict rules to use only and all of the colors in the color challenge. Thre is white on this card around the sun and in between the sky and ground there is a faint line or white. I didn't really intend for that to happen, but I liked the effect it created. It ended up looking like my lions were cuddling at dusk. The colors are always warm and wonderful at dusk around here, so I am sure that is the way in Africa as well.
I did all of the lions with flock as well. I used a dark yellow (more mustard), brown (chocolate chip) and dark pink (regal rose). I love to death the quickie glue pen. It makes the flock so much fun to put on the animals. It also gives them such a great feel and look on the card. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has an animal stamp set. (If you don't have an animal stamps set I would highly recommend that as well!) This was so stinking fun to make. I have never really brayered like this, but I love how it turned out.
This is for one of my good friends for their anniversary. The inside says never be the first to let go of a hug. Isn't that so much fun! How prefect for an anniversary gift.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All Supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: GKD Cuddles and Hugs
Paper: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Whisper White, More Mustard dsp
Ink: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Staz On Black
Accessories: Stampin Dimensionals, Brayers, Spounge Daubers, GKD Doodle Flock, GKD Quickie Glue Pen

17 comments:

Caryl P said...

Love that saying, my husband always tells me that! Great job on the color challenge, it made your card different from many of your others.

Jacquel said...

Great card and love the sketch...tfs!!!

Create Fabulous said...

oh I just love lions...and that saying is beautiful! I really enjoy the subtlty of your card - great job this week!

Diane said...

great card and great brayering I havent got the knack of that you so good on you

SmilynStef said...

Fabulous card ... love your brayered design.

Molly B said...

What a cute card and I love the saying. I looked at some of your other cards too. Amazing work! And I'm so jealous that you have lilacs already! Soon here, I can't wait! -Molly B

Lorelie Kim said...

Such a sweet image!! I LOVE the background you created!! Wonderful colors, too!

Randee E said...

Great job at combining the challenges!! I always have a tough time doing that. Thanks for stopping by my blog

Sheila said...

This is so pretty, the sketch is really cool!

NinaB said...

I like to combine challenges, too. Great card, cute image. I'll have to try brayering. I love the results that I've seen.

Gigi said...

Love the inside sentiment you wrote; it's so much like my hubby and me (most of the time :-D

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Great brayering, I can't brayer to save my life. Wonderful card, TFS, Amy.

Shuttermom said...

Love the card. Geat job!

Mona Pendleton said...

Love all the brayering! That is sooo much work! Very nice card!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Awwwww, so cute! :)

Angie Tieman said...

Very sweet little card! Love how you positioned the two little animals!

Sylvia said...

Really lovely card! Have a great Mother's Day.