Friday, May 29, 2009

GKD & Izzy Love

LOL! This card was so much fun to make and it is a combo of Mega GKD challenges. If you don't already LOVE Gina K Designs, go and check out their latest release WOWZIERS! If only I could win the lottery LOL! This card is for 4 Gina K challenges. First her technique challenge this week was about paper piecing . Then the pot luck Friday challenge for this week was to use dsp paper and texture. Then last night at the release party there was a challenge to celebrate the children in our lives.

Lastly if you don't know about the Stamping out Alzheimers site run over quick. There are so many companies involved with this mega fundraising challenge. I believe there is over $5,000 raised right now. Isn't that fabulous!!! Gina K also has a sketch challenge on there and here is the sketch.
Here is my card
I also wanted to show you a close up of how the seal was attached. I made a spring out of some crafting wire I had and then attached it to the seal. He bounces all over and Izzy loves it.
So needless to say this is for my little Izzy. My Mother's Day card had a fun skunk on it that wiggled around and it gave me this fun idea for a card. I was having such a hard time with this sketch from Melaine. Once the challenge about making a card for a child in your life came it all came together quickly. If you haven't checked out the Stamp TV epsidoe on paper piecing, go over now LOL! I never thought to use the quickie glue pen for paper piecing, but oh the difference it made. Those little yellow stars went down in a snap and I usually have the worst time with little images. LOVE IT.
Can you see the scoring I did in the background. It was to add texture, but also I thought it looked like the curtains at a circus. Perhaps I am out there on that LOL! Anyway, go check out that Alzheimer's site it really is fabulous and it will only be going on until May 31st.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All Supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: GKD Jumping for Joy
Paper: PTI Stampers select white, Real Red, Good Morning dsp, Pink Flamingo dsp, Water color paper
Ink: Staz on Black, Chocolate chip, Close to cocoa
Accessories: ScorPal, Stampin Dimensionals, Wire, GKD quickie glue pen

3 comments:

Shauna K said...

SUPER cute! The spring is suuuch a great idea! I never would have thought of that :)
God bless

Caryl P said...

Fabulous use of the sketch--the big top is fab! I forgot about this sketch, I may need to try it in the morning.

Anonymous said...

You could not be mistaken?