Sunday, May 10, 2009

Remembering

Hi everyone. I had an interesting Mother's Day today. One of the things I noticed is that I really need to get back to the gym!!!!

I have a closing tomorrow and it is a really neat widow who is selling the home she shared with her late husband. I have no idea how she is coping with everything, but she is. I was fortuante enough to win a free stamp set from Gina and Stamp TV. Can you even believe I had it in my hot little hands on Friday. It was such perfect timing as I got Not Forgotten and it is I think the perfect stamp set!

I have also combined a few challenges again LOL! I used the newest Card Positioning Systems sketch #115 and the My Time to Inspire MTTI01 Here is my take Isn't that fun! I loved how it all turned out. I used the Papertrey Ink dsp Black & White Basics dsp. Lauren showed how you can use copics to color in the flowers and although I don't have copics, I LOVED the look. I used my SU markers to make this happen. It looks great, but it really took some time to do. Okay not a ton of time, but those little leaves seemed to take forever LOL!

She is a scrapbooker, so I am sure she will like this. I have another card to finish up tonight, but it will not go up until tomorrow.

It's a good life!

Terri E.

Deets: All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted

Stamps: GKD Not Forgotten

Paper: Black & White Basics, Stampers select white

Ink: Momento Black

Accessories: SU Barely Banana, Always Appricot, Mellow Moss, PTI Lemon Tart saddle stich ribbon

17 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Terri this is beautiful! Great job creating your own dp by colouring the flowers! I'm sure she will love this card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Terri - I'm more than sure she will appreciate your kind thoughts. I so need to get some of that paper, I just love the whole 'coloring' in the flowers...need to do that. Hope you had a super day today!

Cat said...

So Pretty! The yellow ribbon is the perfect touch! Happy Mother's Day!

Jeannette said...

Hi Terri, what a beautiful card, I love the yellow with the Black and White.

Dana Gustafson said...

Very pretty and elegant card to go with your kind thoughts for your client and friend. I am sure she will treasure this. I love your take on coloring the b&w paper!

Denise Marzec said...

BEAUTIFUL card!

Natty said...

Very pretty and such a lovely color combo too. :oD

Deb Rymer said...

Clean, simple and so elegant. Love it! Thanks for the tip about coloring in the flowers on the paper - that turned out so great!

Kathryn said...

Simple and ELEGANT -- LOVE this so much!! :)

Kristin Eberline said...

Great job coloring all those flowers! There's some dedication :O) This turned out beautifully! Love the bow (my favorite embellishment).

AKiteFlier said...

Beautiful card Terri - I wrote you a really long comment then blogger would not let me do anything so I lost it all but thanks for playing - great BG - even tho it took a lot of time :-) Come back again!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I just love this card. Great papers! So perfect for Lauren's challenge:)

Jen Tapler said...

FANTASTIC take on the challenge Terri! I love that colored paper!!

Lisa Kind said...

Oh I did the same thing with the same dp on my card! Great minds! Lovely card!

Linda Beeson said...

This is great! I love your use of that CPS sketch and how simple it is.

Courtney Baker said...

Wow, I can't imagine what she is going through. What a perfect card for her!

Tamara said...

This is gorgeous. Your card is a perfect interpretation of the inspiration piece. Great work on colouring the flowers to match.