Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mr. Fix-it

Hello everyone!!! I am so gald to be back stamping. The potty training is going fabulous, knock on wood, LOL! We are leaving for a trip down to Flordia next Friday and we busy packing and getting ready. It is an early start, but I have to get my business and family together, so I try and start early.

There was another realization recently. Father's Day is less than a month away and I have NO cards done! I have 6 cards to make, so I need to get on the stick. To be honest, I have a hard time with masculine cards so I put them off. I LOVE the newest Stamp TV epsiode on Embossing Foil. Yet another thing I love about Stamp TV when you see a new technique, they have a challenge that you can enter to win a stamp set just for using the new technique! Here is the challenge thread for embossed foil. I also have to brag a bit on Gina K. I was lucky enough to win a color challenge and she had my free set in my hot little hands just a few days later!!! I was so impressed by her speed and generosity.

I have never done this before, but it sure got my creative juices going for Father's Day. I have had the set King of the grill since last year and it remained uninked! Can you even believe that LOL! I also thought it would work really well with the Mojo Monday sketch #86.

Here is a close up of the foil embossing detail on my card. Isn't that fun! I am loving this look and I think it is really fun for male cards.
Here is my full card.
My hubby is actually handy, but it does seem like we have lots of opps moments before we have a whaooo done. He also has a really good since of humor, so I think he will like it. I embossed the foil with one of the stampin up embossing folders. I used the regular aluminum foil weight. Gina suggested the heavy duty, but I didn't have any of that on hand. I found it worked just fine, but I had to put a piece of paper under it so it didn't cut through rather than embossing.


Izzy thought this was BEAUTIFUL!!!! She quickly took my first try and put it on her desk for one of her cards, so I am sure it will be on her card for her Dad as well. My goal is to have most of my Father's Day cards done before I head off to vacation.


Oh, does anyone have any suggestions on how to work the car seat and the rental car. I would assume you take your car seat with you, but do you check it like checked luggage or do you bring it with you to the gate? Do you have special seats that you can roll (I saw it once and haven't been able to find it, but it looked fabulous). Do you have a cover so the car seat won't get beat up? I really need some help LOL!


It's a good life!
Terri E.


Deets: All supplies are Stampin Up unless noted

Stamps: GKD King of the grill

Paper: Basic Grey, PTI Stampers select white, PTI Smokey Grey

Ink: GKD Momemto Black

Accessories: embossing folders, stampin dimensionals, Michaels punch Threading water, foil

5 comments:

Caryl P said...

I love the look of the embossed foil, thanks for sharing. It goes well with that stamp set.

I have something on my blog for you so be sure to stop by and check it out! :-)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous job!! I absoutely love the embossed foil. I will have to try it:)

BTW...you can check your car seat and the airline will provide a plastic cover to protect it. Or you can take it on the plane and have your child sit in it if the child is using a seat. Hope this helps:)

Valentina Fussell said...

very cute! Good luck with the potty training!

scrapperjulia said...

Love the foil embossing, great male card!

I just got back from a trip where we traveled by air and then rented a car but we don't have little children:( You could call the airlines and ask them. I saw the airlines storing some baggage toward the front of the plane. Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Great card...the foil embossing is perfect!