Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Father's Day

We have had so much water lately that it feels like we just can't get dry. We are really getting excited about Flordia! We are 5 days away!!!

Here is a fun Father's Day card using a few challenges. This is going to be for my Dad. I used the color challenge from Stamp TV. It was to use Black, Red and White and any shades of those colors so pink and grey are just fine as well. I also used the Card Pattern Sketch #14.
Here is some of the detail work. I know it is blury, but it is the best I can do right now. I hand stiched the butterfly trail. I really liked how it looked so I stiched around the sentiment as well.
Here is the complete card.
I think it turned out cute!!! My Dad will really like it. I had to add the button detail since it was looking really plain. I have a hard time keeping the emblishement simple for the male cards. It was all I could do to not add some bling on that butterfly LOL!
Work has been such a blessing lately, but it is sure cutting into my stamping time LOL! I have to write a contract for 3 lots today and then we have Mother/Daughter banquet at the church, so we will see how much stamping I get done.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are http://www.papertreyink.com/ unless noted
Stamps: Father knows best
Paper: Stampers Select white, True Black, Black & White basics dsp, Bitty dots dsp
Ink: True Black
Accessories: Michaels Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, DMC floss, SU 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 square punch, buttons, scallop edge punch

1 comment:

Caryl P said...

This card is wonderful! I like the hand stitched trail of the butterfly, I may need to try that.