Saturday, May 2, 2009

It pours!

I love Dawn's set Scattered Showers by Papertrey Ink. The saying "When it rains, it pours" is so appropriate for so many instances. I love that I can send this kind of card as encouragement. I have also been loving Dawn's color challenges. Here is the one for this week. Isn't that stunning.
Here is my card
I really like how it turned out. I ended up using Baja Breeze as my blue. I know that it is not as light as the color, but I have been working really hard to actually use up scraps before I go cutting into new colors. I really like how it turned out. I think the white ink helped lighted the overall card.
I used the ticket corner punch and the fun white brads from Gina K Designs as well. It was from the Stamp TV kit. On a side note, I adore that kit as well. It has been a lot of fun seeing all of the techniques she can use those stamps for. I am also in love with her new release, but I have to save some money and sell more houses before I can make that purchase.
Randy and I are going on a date night tonight and I am so excited. We try and go a few times a month, but he has been working like a mad man and we haven't been on a date since January!!! Isn't that crazy. Needless to say we are both really looking forward to a fun night. I think it will end up being dinner and home depo, but we will still have a great time! I will keep you all up to date on the fun things going on here.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All Supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: Scattered Showers, Damask Designs, Background Basics: Retro, Faux Ribbon
Ink: Fresh Snow, SU Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze
Paper: Stampers select white, SU Baja Breeze, Chocoalte chip
Accessories: SU ticket corner punch, stampin dimensionals, GKD mini brads

23 comments:

Kim J. said...

Terri, this is absolutely beautiful. And so simple too! Tres chic!

Have fun on your date night! :)

Sue Lelli said...

Very pretty card! I like the patterned striped paper on the angle to create movement. You can feel the rain.

I'm also a BIG fan of Baja Blue. (I used it, too!)

Unknown said...

VERY nice card!!

Ann said...

I love the simplicity of this! Great take on the challenge!

Kara said...

Great card! I need that stamp set:)
Kara

Courtney Baker said...

Great card. I think the baja breeze looks great. Have fun on your date night!

Helen F. said...

Hey Terri, tried to leave a message on your blog earlier but??? I'm sure it was just "Operator Error".
Love your card for Dawn's challenge. Aren't those umbrellas too darn cute.
Have fun on your date!!

Kristin Moore said...

really nice! Love that pieced umbrella and the colors you chose! I used Baha too so I think it's just right! ;)

Cat said...

A very clever way of using the background stamps, it looks very effective. I really like the stamps you chose, too cute.

Susan said...

So beautiful!! I love everything about it. The DSP, the damask background, the image, the layout. Gorgeous!!

{PurpleD} said...

I love it!!

2Bis2DO said...

I really like what you have done with this challenge. Nice job.
Enjoy your date.:)

Winter said...

So pretty! Love the stamp set!

~kelly marie~ said...

beautiful card ... love the way you used diagonal stripes ... it looks like rain!

Kathryn said...

Wonderful card -- that umbrella image is so cute!

Cheryl said...

I love your mix of patterns, especially the diagonal stripes. Great job!

Stacey Schafer said...

oh, it's the scattered showers umbrella:) love your take on the color challenge!

Sylvia said...

Great card! It is just too cute. I love umbrellas. It has been raining here all night. Surprise, surprise, it does not rain here often. We may get some snow later tonight.

Stamping Cafe said...

This is fabulous, love it!

Julia Aston said...

Love this card for the color challenge - perfect DP and such fun stamps!

Marge said...

Gotta agree with Sue - that diagonally-striped BG really makes you "feel the rain"; love the damask patterns too! Great card!!!

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

Great card! Love the pieced umbrella. Thank you for the comment too!

jen said...

LOVE the damask & scattered showers together! Great job, & thank you for sweet words on my first card!