Sunday, May 3, 2009

Thanks Chickie!

First of all, date night was tons of fun. Randy and I decided to go ahead and schedule the next two months. Ideally we would like to go out on date night weekly, but that is just going to happen with work schedules, so we are excited about monthly.

Then I had time today to complete the Spring Fling Challenge by Papertrey Ink. I love that they let all of us participate with the senior designers. I love that it not only gets me using my Papertrey Ink goodies, but it also gets me hopping to many other blogs to see tons of PTI eye candy. I am sure it will make my cart quite full in anticipation of the 15th LOL!

Each senior design member picked out an ispiration piece and then made a card with that inspiration. Our challenge was to take one of the design members inspiration and make a card based on that. I choose this page that Lauren Meader used from Family Fun Magazine because I LOVED the colors! I have a hard time believing I am even writing that LOL! Dawn's color challenges have really done wonders with my color pallet.


Here is my card
Isn't that tons of fun!!! I purchased the new guide lines grid paper to use the guidelines sets that I don't even have yet LOL! So I had to get creative to make this paper. I choose to use Borders and Corners: Circles and my Everyday Classics stamps set to create this fun paper. I love how it turned out. I am thinking about making some more with fun colors for my Bible Study girls. Add a few buttons and some ribbon and I think it is a stinking cute card. I ahve so come into my own with the bows if I do say so myself. It is really nice to have an idea and then also the ability to accomplish it!

This is for my pastor. She has only been at our church for 6 months and she is such a doll! She has the best way of explaining very hard concepts and I adore talking with her to boot. She took some time right before a week away from her home to talk with me and I appreicate her time greatly.

It's a good life!

Terri E.

Deets: All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted

Stamps: Borders and Corners: Circle, Everyday Classics, Handwritten Notes

Paper: Guide lines grid paper, Hibicus Burst, Raspberry Fizz

Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Hibicus Burst, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise

Accessories: Raspberry Fizz stich grosgrain ribbon, White buttons, SU glue dots, Michales Threading Water border punch

18 comments:

Janelle said...

Love it, Terri! Don't know why I wouldn't have thought that I could use the Guidelines paper without the Guidelines sets -- but I wouldn't have. Thanks for the inspiration!

Betty Wright said...

Terri, this is wonderful!!!! I love the hibiscus burst!!! Great created background, too!!! Lovely card!!!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Terri! I started out with this color combo too, but ended up with an entirely different one~hmmmm

Belinda said...

Love the fun colors andhow you created your pp with B&C and Everyday Classics!

Cat said...

I love your card! So well designed!

Unknown said...

Love your card! So pretty!

Rebecca said...

You nailed this! It's fabulous. I love the ribbon, the buttons, and the way you laid out the pattern. It's lovely, and you incorporated the inspiration piece perfectly! tfs

Courtney Baker said...

She's going to love it girl. And I just love that you bought the gridline paper before you have the set. Your a girl after my own heart.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Lots of FUN Terri, great use of colour, gorgeous result!!

Kim J. said...

Love it, Terri! Those buttons in the corner finish this off perfectly! :) What a lovely, girlie card.

Stamping Cafe said...

How gorgeous is this, love the colors!!

Daniela F. said...

Fabulous card, Terri!! Love how you stamped the background paper :-)

Babies-Beth said...

I love how you made your bg paper, Terri! How creative you were! Your card is so bright and cheery!

Julia Aston said...

Very pretty! love that beautiful bow and the stamped bg you created - super colors on this!

Marge said...

Oh, gotta get some grid lines papers (my PTI "Wish List" is really growing)! Love how you "made do" with what stamps you had - showcases beautifully how PTI's stamps are soooo versatile!

Sarah W. said...

I love this, the colors are bright and beautiful!

Scrapping Julie said...

awesome job on the challenge. i LOVE it.

Cindy Major said...

Oh, I love this card - it's so fun and festive!

Cindy :)