Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Guide lines 2 LOVE

Okay everyone, I have to share how much I love guidelines 2. I just got it and it was worth all of the wait. This was my first try and it turned out fine. I really want to try more combos and get a feel for each of the images. Needless to say I am so stinking excited to try and play with the possibilities.

I was so glad I had it when I saw this color challenge from Kristina Werner. Wowziers! This was really outside my norm, but it looked perfect for a male color combo.
Here is my take on the color combo.
I am going to send this one off to Randy's Grandpa in Virginia. I think he will like the simplicity of the card. It was really quick and easy to put together. We are both home today not feeling well. We are going to pack and put winter clothes away today. Tomorrow is our last minute shopping day and then we are off.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Deets: All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: Guidelines 2, Father knows best
Ink: SU more mustard, baja breeze, so saffron, sahara sand
Paper: Stamper select white, sahara sand, baja breeze
Accessories: SU sahara sand maker, stampin dimensionals, baja breeze ribbon, Michaels threading water border edge punch

14 comments:

CeeCee said...

Love the card. The complexity of the background but the overall simplicity of the card is perfect!
CC

Maureen P said...

Love your background paper! Guidelines is such a fun set!

Krista said...

Awesome card Terri !

Mimi said...

So pretty! Don't cha just love that set!

PaperTree Designs said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. This card is AWESOME. I actually didnt like the colours in this colour challenge but you have managed to make them look absolutely gorgeous. I was tossing up if I would buy this set but now that I have seen your card I NEED IT! Heee HEE.
God Bless!
Your friend in Australia.
Deb
x

Holly Jones said...

Love it!

Leonie said...

Ilove it, that is gorgeous!

Ink, paper and BLING! said...

MMMMMMMMMMM!
R

Sue Lelli said...

Really pretty card! Guidelines isn't something I have the patience for but your card made it look worth the effort!

Rochelle said...

Your background looks great, just like DSP! Great use of the colors!

Amanda Winkelman said...

Great card! It's simple, yet elegant! You did an awesome job on this color challenge!

NinaB said...

What a stunning card, Teri. I can't seem to get as pretty results as you do with Guidelines2. I know we've never met, but when I made my card for this challenge, you popped in my head, just because you so nicely sign your comments on my blog with the same sentiment. It really is a good life and I can't thank God enough for it. Thanks for reminder and the comments on my blog.

Caryl P said...

I've tried many times and still haven't managed to work with these colors. Love your card!

Mary said...

Wow, your background is stunning!